The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

Riaa shrugged. "Eh, I'm used to it. " She pulled off the long grey veil covering her hair, ears twitching slightly as she did so, and hung it on the rack. The bar had helpfully provided what looked like a tall, cushioned bench, that she could more or less settle on like a stool. "I'm Riaa, by the way."

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor Auberlane Just Another Prick At The Door

"Huh. Same name as you," he comments to Riya. "It's a small multiverse." The struggle not to laugh at his own joke tugs at the corner of his mouth for a second, but he gets it under control. "I'm Kastor," he introduces himself, offering the spider lady a handshake.

• Like x 2
  3. Riya and Remi

Riya and Remi If you'd like a show you can follow the ashes 18+

"Well that's not going to get confusing. I'm Riya, though I also answer to 'bartender,' 'barkeep,' 'oi, you! Not you, you,' 'another!' Except please don't throw glass or ceramics, and-" She lifts her hand against her mouth and perfectly mimics the sound of a rambling drunk whose face has become affixed to the bar. "So, whatever works, really."

"She has spider legs." Remi whispers, except it's too loud to actually qualify for the title.

"Yes she does."

"I like beetles better."

"That's an acceptable opinion as long as you're not rude about it."

He thinks this over for a moment, nods, and pops his head up so he can see over the bar again. "Are there people with beetle legs, too?"

4. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

Riaa shook Kantor's hand. "Nice to meet you," she said. She looked at Remi. "I haven't met any people with beetle legs, though I'm sure that there are some out there. I have met people with snake - well, not legs, but they're part snake, if that's any consolation."

5. Kastor Auberlane

"Charis is going to be so upset he didn't get to see the spider lady," Kastor tells Remi. "He loves spiders. You'll have to tell him all about her next time he comes to work with me."

((ok gonna hit the sack, nobody cause a ruckus cuz kas won't be here to toss you out))

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

Katters rushes into the bar, eager to be out of the rain. Once inside, she hesitates by the door, staring at the ... variety of clientele. She glances back over her shoulder, then decides she, of all people, shouldn't be judging people by their appearance, and approaches the bar.

7. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

"Dot must be a ting vit der tinkink houses. Der Kestle tinks eets fonny too." And yup, her drink does taste as good as it smells. Most human run bars won´t put the belladonna in. Mina toasts Riya with the glass.
    "Hyu und hyu bar should stay, hy haffent hed vun ov deze made right for centuriez."

((I too must sleep.))

8. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

Berit smiles in relief. "Yes, exactly." She sets a couple of silver coins on the bar and settles back with her drink. She raises her eyebrows when the spider-centaur comes in, but decides that, on balance, she'd prefer spider-centaurs to reverential staring. (It's not even the strangest thing that's happened to her this week.) No one even seems fazed by the mark on her hand.

9. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

The door is pushed open, but no one visible enters. It swings shut with a satisfied thud. The invisible girl soaked from the rain drips as she looks around.

10. Dom Irossi

Dom Irossi Can't actually melt brains

The door opens again, and a blocky shape steps inside. As soon as it enters, it starts flickering between this form and a smaller, more human-looking one. A few seconds later, it seems to settle to the smaller form: a child, probably around 12, with dishevelled blond hair, wearing a (slightly too big) gold-embroidered green robe.
    Dom looks at himself, then at his surroundings. "I think I'll stay for a while", he thinks, "this could get interesting."

11. Kastor Auberlane

Kastor looks directly at where she's standing, and says, "Come on in and get dry, coat rack's behind me," just like he always does. Only someone who knows him well would be able to tell that he's trememdously proud of himself for detecting the invisible guest.

• Like x 4
  12. Nat Richards

"Thank you," Nat says, and shrugs off her coat to hang it up. It appears as soon as she's no longer touching it, a faded old jacket more holes than fabric.

"I'm Nat. You are...?"

13. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Ian is the first to notice the invisible girl and he turns to Connor. "What sort of place is this?" he asks, and Connor shrugs.

Connor considers introducing himself but well, she seems to be talking to someone already.

14. Kastor Auberlane

"Kastor. Uh... not sure if you have hands to shake --? I can only tell you're there." But he offers his hand anyway.

15. Nat Richards

Nat takes his hand and shakes it. "Nice to meet you, Kastor. What is this place? I've walked by here a thousand times and never seen it..."

16. Kastor Auberlane

"It does that," Kastor shrugs. "It's in a lot of places at once. It's that kind of establishment. Why are you invisible, is that normal where you come from?"

17. Berit Suranavellan

Berit has been half-listening to the conversation between the man at the door and the... invisible? patron. When she heard the part about "lots of places at once," she frowns, gets up, and heads for the door.

"Excuse me," she says, as she steps around Kastor and exits.

It's still Skyhold outside, which is reassuring. She goes back inside, and then - just in case - back and forth once more. Having thus convinced herself the door will keep going where she expects it to, she goes back to her seat at the bar.

"Sorry," she says to the bartender. "That is - I wasn't stealing your mug, or anything. It's just that I don't trust magic doors."

18. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

"Who does?" Katters says, dripping on the bar. "Hard to trust anything with a mind of its own. Especially inanimate objects."

• Like x 1
  19. Nat Richards

"No. It's...a long story, and I haven't been like this for that long, really. Is it normal for bars to be in lots of places at once where you come from?"

20. Berit Suranavellan

Berit nods her agreement. "I know someone who studies similar things, but.." She smiles faintly. "She's not what I'd call a paragon of good judgement. Hah."

She looks the other patron over, and decides to start with an easy question: "Is it raining outside, then, for you? Or... where you come from?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice