The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"The effect is sort of like tea, except multiplied a lot and the taste is different," Riaa tried to explain. "Usually people have it in the mornings, I think."

2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

Raoul narrows his eyes at the cape. It didn't seem to be twitching, or doing anything uncomfortable. "I'll take my chances. Thanks," he says, swinging the cape off the hook and around his shoulders. It looks. . .extremely silly paired with a tank top and cargo shorts, but whatever, it's pretty warm.

"That's what I was tryna get at, yeah," he says, settling at a vacant stool. "I was just startled. Wasn't expecting the interdimensional mysterious pub to be cold as a witch's tit." He glances at the barkeep appraisingly. "Got any vodka?"

((Eta: wrong account, gdi :\ ))

3. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

Mina goes still for a moment then wanders over to him. "Hy tink hyu meesunderstood me dere. Let me repeat." She drops a hand on his shoulder, very gently. For now. "Der cape dozn´t bite, bot hy do." She takes the cape back and removes a dagger from the inside.
    "Hyu iz locky dot deedn´t cut hyu. Iz poisoned. Hyu should leesten ven pipple tellz hyu not to toch dey´re schtoff."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. Berit Suranavellan

Berit Suranavellan grin and berit | 18+

Berit's eyes go wide. "Let's.. try to avoid any stabbing, self-inflicted or otherwise."

5. Cosmina Kastellan

Mina hangs the cape back up.
    "Hy em not stebbink ennyvun."

6. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"I don't know what you were expecting would happen when a lady at least 75% made of spikes in some way tells you not to touch something," Riaa said. "I mean, really."

• Like x 2
  7. Berit Suranavellan

"That is fair," says Berit, badly hiding a smile.

8. Raoul Menthe

Raoul Menthe interdimensional tailor

Raoul sits very, very still for the whole procedure, letting Mina remove the cape with nary a twitch. "Well, I 100% took that as a joke. My bad," he says, much, much too casually. "Wasn't my color, anyways. Sorry!" He flashes Mina an apologetic smile and shrugs, a palms-up, open gesture. "Could definitely use that vodka now. Maybe with something warm on the side."

He glances around again, fingers drumming on the bar. "Quite the motley crew assembled here," he comments. "Didn't catch any names on my way in, either. What brings you all hereabouts, wherever 'hereabouts' may be?"

• Like x 1
  9. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

"Needed a place to wait out the rain," Katters says. "Among other things."

10. Berit Suranavellan

"Berit. Clan Lavellan. 'Inquisitor,' formally." Berit holds up her hand palm-up, so that the bright, shifting light of the mark on her hand is visible. Then she closes her hand over it, mostly blocking out the glow. "I just wanted a drink."

11. Cosmina Kastellan

"Zo deed hy. Hy´m Mina. Jägerkin."

12. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"Riaa'lzhor, technically of Clan Beldrobbaen. I came to get some food and see some colors that aren't grey, black, or very dark blue," Riaa said.

• Like x 5
  13. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

"Surname or classification?" Katters asks. "Oh, and 'Katters,' incidentally."

14. Cosmina Kastellan

"Iz mine kind. Mine surname is Kastellan, bot no vun calls me dot moch. Der fency folk vot like doze chust call me 'Hey hyu!" or 'Sergeant Cosmina' eef hy focked op."

15. Raoul Menthe

Raoul purses his lips thoughtfully, then chuckles. "Interesting. I'm Raoul, and the only boring human here, apparently!"

16. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

"Probably. I used to be human, until a month or two ago."

17. Raoul Menthe

Raoul makes a noise vaguely reminiscent of a dying possum, visibly restraining himself from leaping into the air like a goddamn gazelle on steroids. "Fuck me dead," he mutters, making a desperate bid for recomposure. "Christ. You almost just killed me, I swear. Sorry." He takes a deep breath and glances to the general area where the disembodied voice had come from. "So what's your story, huh? Toxic waste? Radioactive spider bite?"

• Like x 2
  18. Berit Suranavellan

"What's 'radioactive?'"

19. Riya and Remi

Riya and Remi If you'd like a show you can follow the ashes 18+

Riya fixes up another very irish coffee for Mina and pours a mug for Berit with room for additions. "Coffee's pretty bitter, but people add stuff too it to make it sweeter. I take mine halfway to cake unless it's a bad morning- do you want to try it black and work from there? Or if you know you don't like bitter stuff I can add some creamer and sugar so it's already a little sweet when we start. I've got some flavor syrups, too, and some of the creamers are flavored."

She waves to Raoul. "I've got a jacket. You can either take this one-" she gestures to the one she's wearing, "or I can get one from the back. And Remi and I are human, just witch-blooded. Both kinds."

20. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

"'Radiation' is - well, basically it's energy given off by something. The sun radiates light and heat, for example. But when people say 'radioactive' they're referring to a specific kind of energy, which, among other things, can cause mutations in living beings," Riaa said, trying to remember how to use lies-to-children. "And so in stories it gets used as an excuses for why something is out of the ordinary - it got changed by something to do with radioactivity."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice