The Bar

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Eliana

Eliana I'm awake, I'm alive

"If you have anything from the 960s or 970s, that would be nice," Eliana says, a slightly nostalgic look on her face.

"Oh that's pretty," she exclaims. "What is it?"

2. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

This is a little more literal than Katters expected but she takes it in stride, blowing out the flame and knocking back the drink. She shivers when it hits her — a burn of whiskey, a hint of ginger — and pushes the glass back toward Riya. "Well, someone here knows what they're doing. My compliments to the bar, and the bartender."

3. Riya and Remi

Riya and Remi If you'd like a show you can follow the ashes 18+

Riya takes out the first wine bottle she touches, knowing it'll be something appropriate. "968, looks like." She announces, cutting away the wax seal before uncorking it with her knife. There's a corkscrew around here somewhere, but the knife goes right back to being hooked onto her pocket, ever easy to find. When the glass is poured she carefully pushes both toward Eliana.

"Did it taste like burning, too?" Her grin is wide and full of teeth.

4. Eliana

"That's perfect." Eliana takes a sip, closing her eyes and smiling for a moment. "Thank you."

She looks around a bit curiously. "This place is... definitely a degree more different than I was expecting to find."

5. Katters

"Mm. Could have been hotter."

6. Riya and Remi

Riya and Remi If you'd like a show you can follow the ashes 18+

"I think, if it is a real drink somewhere, it's more for show- the kind that's less fun to drink and more fun to order. I've made a few of them like that, where the ingredients change color when they interact or they catch fire or sparkle without added glitter. Most of them are mediocre taste-wise but are a great opportunity to show off."

"Not what anyone expects, I don't think." Riya beams like she's proud of the fact. "I know there are other Inbetween Places similar in function, but we're one of a kind."

7. Katters

"As far as I know, I made it up. I could try again, but I don't think I'm drunk enough to go pushing my luck like that. Yet."
    Katters shrugs. "And, I dunno — this is more or less exactly what I expect in a bar, magic nonsense notwithstanding. The people in it are, admittedly, somewhat unusual."

8. Raoul Menthe

Raoul Menthe interdimensional tailor

Raoul nods, swirling his drink in his glass. "The other Inbetween Places definitely don't seem as friendly, or the ones I've been to don't, anyways."

9. Riaa'lzhor

Riaa'lzhor Member

Riaa looked at Remi's art. "Very nice!" She tapped the naga picture. "Do you think they'd argue a lot or get along well?"

10. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

Nat finally makes it out from the corner she'd curled into instinctively at Raoul's shout, and taps him on the shoulder gently. "I'm sorry for scaring you," she tells him.

• Like x 2
  11. Raoul Menthe

Raoul waves a hand dismissively. "It's no problem, just startled me, is all! Invisibility, huh?" He squints in her general direction, as if he were trying to discern an outline, before shaking his head. "That's pretty neat, and probably useful. Were you born that way? Can you turn it on and off, like a light?"

12. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

"No....I wasn't born this way. And if there's a way to turn it off, then I haven't figured it out yet." Useful, yeah. Probably. Just not in any way she needed.

13. Eliana

"I walked in from another sort of inbetween place, actually," Eliana comments, twisting the stem of her wineglass in her fingers. "It's... friendly enough, if you stay out of the basement. But it's not got quite the scope this place does. Or at least, a different scope."

14. Dom Irossi

Dom Irossi Can't actually melt brains

Dom takes a sip of his apple juice (he had taken a straw from the counter, a straw which, by the way, was such an obviously practical invention, why did no one ever make stuff like this in his world?), then says: "I've been to several places between worlds, but it was either a more metaphysical thing or, you know, space. This is the first time I see something like," he spreads his arms to show everything around him, "that."

• Like x 1
  15. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

Mina finished her coffee and dug a pack of mismatched cards out of her beltpouch.
    "Hoy ennyvun op fer poker?"

((Don´t play with Minas cards. She cheats.))

• Like x 1
  16. Raoul Menthe

Raoul snorts. "I've been to more places like this than I can count, though this one is by far the friendliest." He takes another gulp of his drink and eyes @Cosmina Kastellan 's deck. "Texas Hold-Em or 7-card or. . .?"

17. Cosmina Kastellan

"Vateffer hyu vant, hy know most ov der rulez." She starts mixing the cards. "Ennyvun else?"

((I...actually haven´t a clue how to play poker so will handwave a lot.))

• Like x 1
  18. Katters

"Any chance we can make the game more interesting?"

19. Cosmina Kastellan

Mina grins. "Vot iz hyu tinkink about?"

20. Katters

Katters considers. "Hmm. Well, I don't know what y'all use for currency, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth, so that's out. We are in a bar — we could bet shots?"

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice