The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

@Deresto i feel like it would probably get along with my Night Vale deck, damn.

• Like x 1
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I feel like a lot of decks are just constantly sighing at us, honestly. And going "yes, you silly human" with varying degrees of snark.

• Like x 5
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

There's nothing practical I can do about the political situation but I want to direct my frustration into a curse. Would it be a bad idea to start out with cursing, since I've never done anything else wixy?

4. Starcrossedsky

An example of witchcraft markup on Cool Rocks.

like I don't know the running price for tourmaline and that is a pretty big chunk, but the other two I could get at a rock show for at MOST eight bucks and probably more like six. and I doubt that tourm chunk is worth $20 on its own, much less the ~35 the non-sale price asks for.

This is why I am CONSTANTLY saying, buy from geology people, not witchcraft people.

• Like x 4
  5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

where do you go to buy from geology people if you do not have rock shows

• Like x 1
  6. Starcrossedsky

If you're near a major city, most of them have at least one rock show that rotates through once or twice a year - this is the one that covers most of the west coast that I usually buy from.

Failing that, look around online? I wouldn't absolutely trust amazon or ebay but there's a few reputable shops even in those. Focus on stuff offered for jewelry makers, too, beads are a GREAT way to get small samples.

Museums (of the natural history sort) might also be good, and there's probably a small rock shop closer to you than you might think, I know there's like three in the Tacoma general area alone. Also if your local colleges have any kind of geology courses/programs, might be worth shooting the professors of those an email if you've got talking-to-strangers spoons.

• Like x 3
  7. Starcrossedsky

Oh, I also got my Apatite-in-matrix chunk from a rockseller at a music festival, so like... basically just keep your eyes open because that shit is everywhere.

• Like x 2
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Also, try googling "[your region and/or city] mineralogical society"-- a lot of them will have annual auctions and/or shows for funding purposes, if you don't mind waiting for those to roll around, and also will fund local rockfinding expeditions/field trips if you've got outdoorsing and people spoons!

• Like x 3
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I might be able to do one or two. I don't want to make any firm committments because my work/health/motivation may get in the way, but it seems like a fun project.

10. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

anyone have ghost advice? my friend thinks her apartment is haunted, and I don't wanna tell her to use my family's method of dealing with ghosts (which is to threaten them with a shotgun.)

• Like x 4
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Would it be appropriately curse-like if I wrote the names of people I hate in the corner of my rats' cage where they poop?

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

are you dean winchester

• Like x 5
  13. emythos

I'm the younger sibling, so no.

• Like x 4
  14. Starcrossedsky

salt in one hand, sage in the other, shake each three times at the entity while telling it to fuck off. repeat three times while herding it in the direction of the door.

'S what I did for the thing that was bothering my housemate.

• Like x 3
  15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yell at it and tell it to leave. Alternatively give it things like cookies, milk, and weird shiny things. Sain the house afterward. Sain it at least once a year. Saining involves walking around the home in a SUNWISE motion three times and sprinkling water on everything, especially windows, doors, and vents. Alternatively you can burn things and use smoke for the saining.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like x 1
  16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Also gain a positive relationship with your house spirits by feeding them and giving them trinkets regularly. They are good men, the homedudes.

• Like x 1
  17. emythos

thanks dudes :)
    have sent her advice

18. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

you didn't deny being a Winchester though....YOU MUST BE SAM

• Like x 4
  19. emythos

Think I'm too short for that XD

20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was gonna say then youre adam but theyre all fucking giants

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice