The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

• Agree x 8
  2. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

This sounds like a him problem

3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Cursing shouldn't be used for petty bullshit like that. We have more important fucking shit to be attacking than people walking their dogs where you want to meditate.

• Agree x 4
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

no!!!!!!!! D:

• Agree x 2
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

...what’s the curse? Or is it just like. Generic cursedness.

6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I mean, doing that is definitely cursed, so

• Agree x 1
  7. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

Does he realize that he's gonna have to walk through that same garden to get to 'his' meditation spot? So the universe is going to be sitting there like an annoying sibling going "Stop cursing yourself! Stop cursing yourself!"? Because that's hilarious.

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 1
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

that's what I said! I haven't actually talked to the dude himself about it yet, only his roommate, so he might have some brilliant plan about it or maybe the guy who told me is completely misrepresenting his plan. Idk. they're both very stupid.

• Witnessed x 4
  9. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I just pictured an invisible obstacle race of curses around the garden he'd have to traverse, dodging and jumping to different spots to avoid the curse, so he can reach his meditation spot.

• Winner x 7
  10. theprettiestboy

Wouldn't some kind of "don't notice me" ward be both easier and less ethically dubious?

I mean I think it's fairly questionable to try and claim a public space that way, but if you're gonna do it anyway cursing random strangers seems like... the worst option

• Agree x 9
  11. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I just want you all to know that in the spirit of the TO VIKING list, I am culturally appropriating you all

brb cleansing my witch's workshop of foreign energies (and also dust), heading out to stock up on spell components, and organizing my collection of banking scrolls in case I need to cast a Greater Financial Report ritual

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  12. Meagen Image

I am a Witch, and this area is my dominion. I hold sway here. I decide what belongs and what doesn't.

I remove disease and decay with my own two hands, and invite in the spirits of good health.

I found some smelly tomatoes in the fridge, and I was about to feel bad about Wasting A Food, but then I remembered: I decide what belongs, and decay has no place here. That made it so much easier to just toss the bad tomatoes in the bin without a second thought!

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  13. Meagen Image

guys, this is sort of... life-changing

I have never felt this level of ownership or control over my own space before allowing myself to Think Like A Witch.

"How often does the guest room *need* cleaning?" is no longer a valid question. It is part of My Dominion and I will have it in a state where it pleases me.

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  14. Aondeug

Oh my sweet jesus we found the kitchen sheers. They were in a place that we had checked a few times. THEY are suspected of having fucked with them. But at least the things are back now.

Will be going out somewhere and having a bonfire for Bealtaine with friends this year. Which will be. Really exciting. The most exciting Bealtaine I've gotten to have.

Writing my poems again. Helped a friend with something. Apparently good at the channeling the Morrígan's thoughts into words to be shared to other people who are seeking advice. At times anyway.

• Winner x 1
  15. Aondeug

Actually no I am good at it fuck you people (as in society as a general thing) and your being humble horseshit. I got me a talent others don't and I can use it to help people. So fuck it I'm proud.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  16. theprettiestboy

Did someone ask for a wholesale source for crystals and mineral specimins a while ago?

I like working stone beads into my projects as a kind of focal point for whatever I'm doing, and usually I get them from the beadmeister when he comes to the local gem shows. They've also got mineral specimens and cabochons. The quality is pretty typical for what I've found other places and they're really good about noting when something is dyed or has flaws.

17. theprettiestboy

On a somewhat related note, I made some protection charms for the plants on my balcony
    0512181900f~2.jpg
    They serve a practical purpose as well, staking down the cages that protect my plants from squirrels

The charms are made with pearls (for protection from the inside from parasites and disease) jade (for a plentiful harvest) mother of pearl (protection) and bells (for good luck)

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

anyone hang out in witchblr at all and seeing all the strangeness to do with this-isnt-magic?

19. theprettiestboy

Oh yes, i think it may have come up in the spongecakegate thread

Absolute nonsense

20. Aondeug

?????

wtf is happening?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice