The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Oh hey so you know the folk belief that magic dicks around with tech now that making food spoil early/cows to go dry/etc is less relevant?

-_- I may have some anecdotal evidence of a connection now

I've been doing more workings lately and spending more time just being aware/activated, if that makes any sense, and I'm at the point now where if I get one more gotdam phone or computer error at work this week beyond just the usual background noise that comes from an understaffed IT department, I'm gonna start throwing things

Or, I dunno, see if I can barter an "appease the machine spirits" charm off a tech witch somewhere, because fuck

• Witnessed x 3
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Ask sis for one, no joke. That's kind of their thing.

3. Anomal(eee)

... I feel dumb for not thinking of that now, but sure. Gods know the IT department has their hands full already

4. townghost

townghost mystery crab

has anyone ever... felt... someone... poke... you... in the sexual... nonphysically

yes i’m talking dick telepathy

5. Anomal(eee)

I mean, kinda, but only once and it was weird as hell and also I kinda suspect that being pubescent could explain like 90% of the "suddenly! Sensation!!!"
    But that remaining 10% is like ok but why has it never happened again then

6. Aondeug

Aondeug 宗教の学生

It's a thing that happens to some people, yes.

7. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Member

I've been interested in Tarot for awhile, and have multiple decks, but I bounced off actually using them every time I tried. Like, I'd try and do a reading and ask a question, and the cards would be nonsense. They'd have nothing to do with the question, or be otherwise off-base. And then I go "Well, I guess trying to make patterns out of randomness doesn't necessarily produce meaning" and put them away.

But today I tried something new. I thought: maybe the problem is I rushed in before I'd-- brefriended the deck, and then when it didn't immediately behave the way I expected, I considered fake. So what if I tried to befriend it first?

I had a little conversation with one of them, out loud, saying that I wasn't asking a question, this was more of a get to know you exercise, etc.

I got a sensible reading. Like, a reading that honestly made sense with my life circumstances at the moment.

Afterwards, I shuffled the cards back in, and asked it if it had anything else it wanted to say-- same cards, but reverse order. Which I'm reading as 'I've said my piece, I don't have anything else I want to say.' But it was, like, an actual conversation.

I feel like I've made a breakthrough here.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

so, that happened

I've never felt like I can be part of any spiritual practice before. I have tried but it didn't seem to be part of my basic makeup. even now most of my brain is telling me this is a coincidence and good luck happens to everyone. but earlier this month my work accidentally gave me an extra $100 paycheck, right after I had a surprise extra $100 expense.

this evening I lit a candle that I've been saving for a vague special occasion (white pillar candle with the card suits printed on it that I found at Goodwill) and set a shotglass of amaretto on the floor in front of it and thanked whatever or whoever is responsible for this good luck, and asked them/it to make themself more clearly known to me so I can thank them properly. it felt right. while I was talking the wick burned to the point where it was fluttering and flaring up from the wax puddle. by the time I was done saying what I wanted to say it had pretty much stopped flaring, and then I blew it out. I'm going to leave the amaretto out overnight and then I guess, pour it out? down the drain? or maybe just let it evaporate? I suppose I'll see tomorrow.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  9. townghost

townghost mystery crab

has anyone ever seen "glitter" pass between two people or coming off a person when they see you? it looks kinda like the lights you see when you press on your eyelids

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice