The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Fwiw i didnt do an official test so much as just wandered until I found a place that felt right. I tend to work very intuitively though so ymmv.

• Like x 1
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Yeah I forgot, that's just what I was taught! I was also very stressed out and unsure of what I wanted/needed (*coughpreteencough*)so my teacher may have had me do that because she knew I was kind of throwing things together at random because I was too conflicted to work by intuition, plus a tendency toward self destruction and feeling like I had to cope with things that weren't 100%. She may well have been worried I'd try to work with something that didn't fit quite right when I could start over until I found something. If you've got a better sense of what would/wouldn't work you might not need a test at all.

• Like x 1
  3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Yeah, I'm a filthy antitraditionalist can't be tamed, so I know that feeling. (I should really have a look at chaos magic one of these days.).

And yeah, I'm more at ease with animals, though I tend to be most at ease with non-living things. Maybe give mushrooms and fungus a shot, they don't give me the same kind of "oh, fob off already" feeling that plants do if I try to associate them with myself.

• Like x 3
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Cannot work out what my more traditional deck wants
    It's the one that said a relationship between us might be deceptive. I was kind of trying to get to know it better and love it some but I don't know if that's what it wants any more. Asked it last night and got five of wands (twice!) which the book I happened to be using (it doesn't have its own booklet, it's second hand) interpreted as 'marriage with a wealthy woman' (not super helpful) but the website I occasionally check if I'm unsure if the book's interpretation is right interprets it completely differently and even less helpfully.
    I... think it just kind of wants to build a relationship? But I'm concerned that it wants an exclusive relationship, which I am far too flighty and prone to collecting things to be happy doing, really.

5. Starcrossedsky

...That sounds like a pretty shit interpretation book. Fives are usually conflict and turmoil.

6. TwoBrokenMirrors

Think it's quite old-fashioned. I should check my other books.
    Mind you, if this deck WANTS conflict and turmoil, I'm not certain any relationship between us will ever work. xP What do I do with you, traddeck...

7. LilacMercenary

LilacMercenary Well-Known Member

So I splurged at FireMountainGems.com a while back and hauled in a crap ton of natural gemstone beads.
    For anybody into the gemstone magic stuff (or just interested!) Does anybody want a piece of simple jewelry?

I have a billion quartzes, clear, white, yellow, rose & tourmalinated (sooo cool) Honey and red agate, aventurine chips (rainbow of colors) serpentine, peridot, tigers eye, and marble. I am SILLY with redline marble! Take some marble, take it all, run. (I also have gray, white, green and tan)

Tag me on here or pm, I think I have the chain to do about 5? Depending on the jewelry? I love it when I make stuff for people who think of them as magical, I love the amount of meaning put into the different combinations of stones.

• Like x 2
  8. TwoBrokenMirrors

@LilacMercenary That sounds pretty as shit
    How much would you be wanting for one?

9. LilacMercenary

10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh man, I would definitely be interested in some sort of peridot thing! (Partly because it's often viewed as protective, but also because that shade of green is gorgeous...) What sorts of jewelry are you referring to? :0

11. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

@LilacMercenary I have an intense craving for something with a raw clear or smokey quartz point. Everything I can find is polished/artificially shaped

12. TwoBrokenMirrors

Well gosh that is a reasonable price!!! (also extremely kind of you)
    Trouble is I have little idea of what I would want. Hmmmmmm.

Edit: Which is to say, I would love something because I love stones but I'm kind of hazy on their usual meanings/symbolism.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  13. Starcrossedsky

oh man *gimme dat included quartz tho* I love it so much.

14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Well color me interested. I'm not really sure what all the meanings associated with stones are though. I'd have to look that up.

15. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

I'll pass this time around, I have my own bead hoard and I resonate with fluorite which you don't have anyway.

Been thinking about making a semispecific 'tsugi herb blend. (I mean, somewhere in between a specific herb blend and an all-purpose thing? Like, I could use it /for/ general stuff but I wanted to focus it more on the kind of stuff I see people here needing.) I'd have to charge monies for tiny bottle pendants, but I have enough little plastic bags that dropping a teaspoon in a bag and putting it in a stamped envelope is something I can give away. Any suggestions about how to make that work and what to use?

• Like x 1
  16. Aviari

I'll go through my list.
    Probably
    • Lavender (calming, lots of us have anxiety issues)
    • Sage (multi-use, mental and physical health)
    • Rosemary (multi-use, prosperity, disperse negative energy)
    to start?

17. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

If you do herb blend then can I request minimal rosehips? I share my stuff with my dad and he's got a HUGE rose allergy.

18. Aviari

This Tumblr appears to have put a lot of effort into gathering research. Also plain ol' Google.

• Like x 1
  19. LilacMercenary

@Kaylotta I'm kind of a nontraditionalist rock lovin' heathen, but I'd say just go to the gemstone section of a bead store and feel up all the pretties. Pretty much everybody seems to find one or two that they just never want to stop rubbing and playing with. Maybe find out which ones those are and look them up online? Lots of places have odd shaped / chipped/ or undrilled pieces for $1-$2 if you find something you like and just want a worrystone too =)

• Like x 1
  20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I MUST GO AND RUB ROCKS WHEN I CAN.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice