The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

The most straightforward answer I ever got was literally "yes" and "no" said simultaneously.

• Like x 5
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

This reminds me of my my Three of Cups deck (link includes one of the milder Oglaf comics). TLDR; immediately reading that comic, I did a silly romance reading for an RP ship and pulled 3 Cups as the far card (ie 'this is definitely not the outcome').

A few weeks later I did another general read with the same deck, and it spat 3Cups at me again. Hence why it's the Three of Cups deck.

• Like x 3
  3. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

hmmm
    if he'd chosen Death, would she have killed him?

4. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Just did probably the most half-assed but sincere healing invocation/spell ever.

'S storming like hell outside. Opened the back door and was like,

"Hey if y'wanna like, cleanse this cold or something that'd be super, super great. Not a big deal but like, if y'got some excess energy out there and wanna kick some at my immune system I'd really appreciate it. Totes chill with being sick if it's cause I did something dickish though."

Caught some raindrops on my hand, licked it, lit a beeswax candle, poured a fourth mug of weird, vile, effective Chinese tea into my rasping, phlegm-choked windhole.

So mote it be.

Tempted to post this to my witchblog but someone would probably say I'm doing it wrong.

• Like x 11
  5. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

If that's doing it wrong then I don't know what's right.
    ... I don't know what's right.

• Like x 5
  6. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

If it works, it's right

If it doesn't work, it might still be right

• Like x 7
  7. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

It's not a shrine exactly, but I wanted to share my little mint tin witching kit with you guys
    tumblr_n9z410BNqI1rxl4wxo2_540.jpg tumblr_n9z410BNqI1rxl4wxo1_540.jpg

I made most of the stuff in here. The runes are on little stones that I picked up while beach combing on lake erie, in a deerskin and silk bag. The wand is mahogany and copper. The little vial is rose salt. I made a little silk box for my mini tarot cards since the box they came in didn't fit in the tin. The book is for notes and observations, and the pages fold out for more writing surface.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    • Like x 6
  8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Removed identifiers from mine o7

9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Will probably consolidate all my "how do rock" posts from a Real Computer later, but eh. Important part's done.

10. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I would remove the tag from mine if i had any idea what page it was on. I'm way too spoonless right now to trudge through 60-odd pages looking. =/

11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

12. Aondeug

Click on the little arrow next to your name in the quote. Takes you to the post.

13. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

...really? well i'll be jiggered. thanku
    EDIT: also done. i'm an idiot tonight apparently

14. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

@TwoBrokenMirrors if it's directly quoted, there should be a little arrow next to the quote-box's header that'll take you right to the post in question. So say

kintsugi quote.png

will take me directly to this post (now edited, so wording's a little different, but).

Edit: pbbbbtbttht Ivy and Aon are faster than me. Now with helpful picture?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    • Like x 1
  15. Witchnire

Witchnire New Member

You can call me by Nire if wanted too! :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Like x 11
  16. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Meditative activity that actually kind of works for me a little: Filling a jar with rainwater at the low corner of my awning. There's probably some connecting to nature going on but mostly there's actual visible feedback on it- the jar is very clearly getting fuller, and sometimes I need to hold it in a different place because the wind picked up or something.

(Then, since under no circumstances do I want to drink what washed off my probably-bird-crap-dotted awning, I can give it to my herbs, since they don't usually benefit from rain directly unless it's like really windy.)

• Like x 5
  17. Aondeug

It does not rain nearly often enough for that sort of thing to be even halfway practical to me. I do collect rain water though. I can't really collect dew here and there's no magic wells near me. Rain is rare though so it feels a fitting thing to collect in place of those.

It gets used for saining. Some of it is also being held to act as a makeshift well that I toss coins in.

18. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

tbh it doesn't rain that much here either, I'll have to find something else once this springtime weather passes.

19. Aondeug

20. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Casually edits the hell out of the List of GODS bc maybe if I do enough RESEARCH I'll finally decide whether or not I believe in them

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice