The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

You totally could! Another thing I've done is to get the wards kind of emanating from myself, so that they start with me and expand to get to the edges of the house, therefore pushing anything unwanted out.

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I always do a casting out and a smudging, but that's just me--I prefer to make sure that they're gone before I ward anything.

3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Our household wards are not exactly static - they're linked to the hearth, which is always actively burning out impurities in the local energy and replacing it with hearth-energy (roughly speaking, warm/healing/protective) - so we only do cleansing if something big has happened or on major holidays.

• Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I am like Kit in that regard. I only ever do sainings on the Quarter Days unless something truly awful has occurred. I do wish my hearth space could be more than a hearth in spirit though...Grandma is phobic of fire so can't even light candles for very long. Ah well.

5. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

Hello I have returned from stem camp.
    And I have some important stuff. I need a rain spell, a pretty strong one. It hasn't rained enough to drench the ground where I live in over a month. I've drained both rain barrels, the groundwater supply to plants is basically gone, and the lawn is done for. We need storms desperately, and a lot of them.
    In other news, I've made a deal with the fairy mafia to keep the squirrel mafia away from my tomatoes. I've also sprinkled the garden in chili powder, because multi pronged approaches are always best. We'll see how it works out. I did have a thought that the fairy mafia and the squirrel mafia are the same but, eh.

• Like x 3
  6. Aondeug

Lugh and ManannĂ¡n are the stormy storm boys. Lughnasad was very recently here.

Also they probably are the same, but really it's more like there are multiple fairy mafias. Which are constantly in mobwars with one another. There are myths about the mob wars! THEY END IN COWS EXPLODING.

• Like x 5
  7. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

what I thought working with Loki would be like:
    Thor01Loki.jpg

What working with Loki has been like:
    eyyyy.jpg

• Like x 2
  8. Aondeug

but does he steal your scissors

he seems like the sort to take your shit for giggles

• Like x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I was just thinking I didn't remember seeing any warnings to cast the bad thing out before performing wards on the instructions I've seen in various places, and it strikes me that forgetting would be a really great way to make things worse. "I'm not locked in here with you" and all that.

10. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

If they are the same it might be easier. They can do their job by doing less and get some sweet offerings outta the deal.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. Aondeug

I love how just exasperatedly tossing shit at spirits and the like is such a common solution. No fancy exorcisms or whatever here. Just tired shouting of PLEASE JUST TAKE THE MILK AND LEAVE MY KEYS ALONE.

• Like x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think this is just me projecting, but does anyone remember the bit where Homer Simpson is bowling and waves his hands as if to nudge the ball sideways from the top of the lane, going "Practice, practice, practice!" till it comes into line with the pins and he stops and goes "Real, real, real!" I do that, and occasionally it appears to work. Does anyone think I should do a test? Bowl one game without doing that as a control, then another doing it every time? Or would that just make it stop working if it does? It's kind of a useless power if it is one because I only bowl like twice a year.

13. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

if i leave out enough milk can i get some of my missing stuff back? because at this point I think the only option for where it went is "stolen by asshole spirit things"

• Like x 1
  14. Aondeug

It's definitely worth a try. If it was a shiny thing I'd try leaving out a shiny thing too. Like as a trade.

15. emythos

Welp, I've got a plan now.
    and nope, t shirt >:( i really like that t shirt

16. Aondeug

Could try trading clothes you don't like too, I guess. They really seem to like manmade shit a lot.

17. emythos

I have some extra shirts, so yeah, that is workable :)

18. Aondeug

Good luck!

• Like x 1
  19. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Thing I should do this week: Charm my pride bracelets. Not sure what I'll put on them, but I'll do something.

20. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

YES OMG. I have had so much shit randomly disappear and reappear in the same place.

But then I've always lost things easily, so *hands?*

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice