The Crafts: Wixes, Spells, and the Weaponized Placebo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ADigitalMagician, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Point. Though reinforcing it and coming to terms with it (I can't think of a better way to word that) could help? Death affirmation and just swimming in death and morbidity seem to be part of how Irish and Mexican culture help deal with troubles with death.

That doesn't work for everyone though so yeah. Still, that is where I am coming from with this stuff though given my whole Irish polytheism thing. You scream and cry about death, but you also sing and dance with it.

And yeah it really does! Lots of time and everyone's different with the thing. Which makes it even harder yeah.

2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Moving into a new house, need to cleanse it of its old owners. Recommendations?

I lean towards herbalism and runes.

3. Aondeug

-mumble mumble saining-

• Like x 2
  4. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

XD
    I suggest making a herbal mix with lime juice to physically scrub at things and in the process also more esoterically cleanse the house. Like, Lime juice cleans, its a good astringent. Some cleaning herbs are like... I think lemongrass?

Otherwise I seriously just light incense and waft it in every corner of a room. I don't think you'd find palosanto outside of south america.

• Like x 1
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Actually a LOT of witchy/new age stores stock it now.

6. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Good news, everybody, after explaining to mum that the guest bed is a Bad Place that I Do Not Like and cannot sleep well there, she agreed to let me have my old bed again. I promised to make sure to put the bed up during the day.

• Like x 11
  7. Aondeug

8. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

@Aondeug thank you for the info! I'm going to file those pages away for later, since I like poetry+learning about other traditions too. :>

Also: i found two books on Scandinavian witch stuff on Amazon that look promising!!! Both are apparently well-sourced according to reviews, so I put both of them on my wishlist.

Less luck with specifically German witch stuff, but I've found some stuff on folklore that looks interesting. I'm probably gonna check at my library when I have time and see if they have anything too, but I'm excited to learn more. :>

9. Aondeug

Here's another one. This one is pretty dry honestly and kind of a tough read for me. So it might be incomprehensible nonsense to you. But it's a good one. Specifically looks at the instances of imbas forosnai in the "canon", so to speak. As well as mentions of various acts commonly associated with it and people with imbas.

• Like x 1
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Whaaaaaat. Well. That's good for Latino wix then XD

11. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's at the big one on sixth ave and I know I remember seeing it at the bitty one in lakewood that I expect to fail.

#niche small businesses do not survive lakewood

12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me much about animism/panpsychism practices? It's been a thing in my head since before I knew there was a word for it, and it's probably due to the AS but I think if I could find a way to legitimately follow it it might be good for me. I found this, and it feels right.

13. Aondeug

I am an animist? I am not really sure what that second thing is. Or what you really want to know? You could ask me questiosn though.

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

15. Aondeug

What sorts of practices very much depends on the individual's tradition and framework. I'm coming from a Theravadan Buddhist and Gaelpol one so all my stuff regarding animism comes from those frames. Others have very different views on this stuff.

Anyway...For me there are many kinds of life. Not all of those kinds of life adhere to the definitions of "living" that many in the States think of. So ghosts to me are "alive". They are living a life. One day that life will come to an end and they will be born as something else. Now things like physical objects can be alive too and for me trees are very much sentient and aware beings. So rocks? Rocks are alive. They have rock spirits. Rivers? Rivers live. They are often women. The ocean? Oh, the ocean is the most alive thing there is and he is Manannán himself, spreading all through the world. They're temporal things with lifespans and they shift and change and die and are reborn. But are these beings literally rivers and the sea or are the rivers and the sea their homes? Both, I feel. It is both in many cases. Other sorts merely live in the realms. Like guests.

Practice wise this amounts to a lot of being hospitable. I pick up trash not just because it could hurt animals or ruin soil or whatever but because it is also rude as fuck. We're guests here in the homes of these many spirits. We need to be proper guests and not throw our shit wherever we please. I also make libations and offerings to such things as well. Bodies of water I often throw coins in because water spirits love shiny things, as an example. The defense of certain things is also important. The ocean is an individual and the home to many more. We must keep it safe. That oak tree people want to cut down in the plaza needs to be defended. Oaks are venerable and ancient and bearers of great wisdom. You don't fucking cut an oak down. You don't even walk widdershins around it. Respect the fairy trees and they'll respect you.

• Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm trying to be more appreciative of everyday things, and if I think of the things I encounter as living and thank them, I think that may help.

• Like x 1
  17. Aondeug

18. Aondeug

So I mentioned this in the Homestuck thread but given the ending credits update one of the various holidays celebrated by Homestuck fans has gotten an update in terms of what it's for. At least those holidays as viewed by the Skaia Temple and people who are in line with it. 10/25 as the post I linked says was originally solely focused on honoring the dead. Sort of the Día de Muertos of Homestuck pagans I guess. But now it's also to celebrate the new universe and the Waking World there. Fascinating stuff. I really like watching the Homestuck pagan community because they're always making new shit.

• Like x 1
  19. Aondeug

They are making new tarot spreads too. ooh

20. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Wait what new tarot homestuck spreads I am INTERESTEd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice