The Crow and The Dog

Discussion in 'Wheel Of Forked Runes' started by Zin, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Oh." They step towards her and offer a hug. "I didn't know you'd see everything."

2. Corvie Munin

Corvie Munin The present is already past

"Not everything, but lots of stuff..." She hugs them again. "It's kinda like getting to see a bunch of photos all at once, except some of them are actually movies, and they have feelings." She rests her head on their shoulder. Her beak is surprisingly warm, for something so hard.

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"It sounds like a lot." They squeeze her a little tighter. "I didn't mean to...to..." the word escapes them, so they just lean their head against hers. "You're good. I like you."

4. Corvie Munin

"I see lots of sad of sad and scary stuff, it's okay. You're good, too, I'm happy we're friends." Her head feathers are silky-soft, cushy like a nice pillow.

5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt's face breaks into a grin again. "Yeah!" Friends!

6. Corvie Munin

"Okay, let's play! You wanna explore?" She gives them a little pat before letting go, and points to the trees again. "Maybe we can find a dwarf."

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"A dwarf?" Mutt looks where Munin is pointing. "Yeah, let's explore!"

8. Corvie Munin

"Yeah! If we catch him, he's gotta give us a wish!" She leads off for the trees, hopping between the clumps of grass. She stands on things whenever there's a chance, tussocks and rocks, anything she can wrap her feet around instead of standing flat. "I would wiiiiiish... For a big cake!"

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"You don't have to wish for a cake!" Mutt isn't nearly as fast as Munin, but they're keeping up as best they can. "Legion and Even said they'd get me a cake, and you can have some too!"

10. Corvie Munin

"Really?!" She flaps her arms, excited. "We never get to have cake!"

11. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Well, then you have to come eat cake with us!" Mutt bounces up and down. "And we can hang out more, and you can show me how to listen to the cards."

12. Corvie Munin

"I'll try!" She promises. "I think it's something I got born with though... That's why Odin picked me!" Hop, hop, hop, she keeps her slightly zigzag pattern towards the trees.

13. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"That's okay! I can still try." They follow her as closely as possible. "Munin, what does the dwarf look like?"

14. Corvie Munin

"Ummmm... they're small, and kinda ugly, and they've got beards. But sometimes, they're rocks."

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"There are rocks everywhere!" They kick at a pebble to prove their point. "How do we tell which one's a dwarf?"

16. Corvie Munin

She stops, perching on a hefty fallen branch. "...I dunno! Maybe if we ask, they'll tell us?" She twists her head down and her foot up to scratch under her neck feathers.

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Ask the rocks?" Mutt looks at a fairly large boulder. "Are you a dwarf?" they ask it.

18. Corvie Munin

The rock does not respond. If it's a dwarf, it's a good actor.

Munin peeers at the rock suspiciously, then pokes it. Feels like a rock. "Hmmmmmm..."

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"What are you gonna wish for instead of cake?" Mutt asks. They stand next to Munin and look over at her instead of the rock.

20. Corvie Munin

"Oh." She tilts her head, feathers lifting up all over as she thinks about it, then gives herself a fluffy shake to settle them. "I'm gonna wish foooor... a toy!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice