The Crow and The Dog

Discussion in 'Wheel Of Forked Runes' started by Zin, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"That way," Mutt decides, though they're not entirely sure it isn't the same way they came. They reach out for Corvie's hand again.

2. Corvie Munin

Corvie Munin The present is already past

She takes it, and off they go through the brush. Munin points out all sorts of things as they go, from a big crystal bug to a red squirrel carrying a screwdriver to a vine curled through the upper branches of a tree, dangling a fat fruit that shines like oil.

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt tries to catch the squirrel, but it just chatters at them angrily before disappearing up a tree. They grin sheepishly at Munin as they walk back to her.

4. Corvie Munin

She shrugs. "They're like that, even I can't catch them. Hugin did once, and it bit him on the foot, and he perched funny for days." She offers her hand back.

5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt takes her hand and squeezes it. "Squirrels aren't that good anyway. They're not really worth it."

6. Corvie Munin

"They are when you're small, then there's lotsa good stuff, like the eyeballs and the tongue and the guts!" She clacks her beak a couple of times merrily.

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Eyeballs feel weird," Mutt complains. "The rest is fine, but eyeballs don't feel right."

8. Corvie Munin

"Eyeballs are my favourite!"

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Well, you can have the eyeballs then. I don't mind."

10. Corvie Munin

"Okay, if we kill anything then I'll have those." She nods. "You can have the liver!"

11. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Okay!" They look around to see if there's anything else they could go after, but they don't see anything.

12. Corvie Munin

"I ate a whole horse eyeball, once." She informs him. "It took me like, an hour."

13. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Gross," Mutt says appreciatively. "Horses are huge! What are you supposed to do with the, the feet parts?"

14. Corvie Munin

"Leave 'em for the bigger eaters." She shrugs. "They'll chew them up for the good parts. We just get the soft parts."

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Oh, okay." They're still not really used to eating with other people.

16. Corvie Munin

"We get the tasty small stuff, they get the big chewy stuff. Geri and Freki always chase us off, though."

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt nods. That's something they're more familiar with. "If you stab them a little they'll leave you alone."

18. Corvie Munin

"But they're our brothers!" She protests. "They're not Bad. Just greedy. Big greedy guts." She shakes her head, fluffing her feathers. "Besides, they're way bigger, they could chomp us."

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Everyone's bigger than me, and stabbing always works. Do you need a knife? I can - here." They pull out one of their smaller knives and hand it to Munin, hilt first.

20. Corvie Munin

She starts, then darts her head close to examine it before taking it. "It's shiny! But I don't think I can use it when I don't have hands..."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice