The Executive Dysfunction Cheerleading/Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by singing anon, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Thank you for ping! I did not get to the recording but I did get a shitload of more pressing chores done. I’ll try again next weekend.

• Like x 2
  2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

hi
    if someone could poke me in about 2-ish hours to ask if I've made my phone call to the therapy place yet that'd be good

• Like x 4
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

have you called the therapy place yet?

4. chaoticArbiter

yeah
    unfortunately nothing helpful came of it
    but. I mean. it got done
    ty for checking

• Witnessed x 3
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

almost three hours now, have you done the phone call?
    ETA; OOPS NEVERMIND TEACH ME TO FUCKING REFRESH BEFORE HITTING POST SORRY

• Like x 1
  6. Astrodynamicist

i finally did my test recording!

• Winner x 7
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

can someone poke me in like.......36 hours to see if i've ordered my diabetic supplies

I am running out and it is Important to either make the phone call or go online with my laptop

Thank you

8. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

poke?

9. Everett

Achieved! Order placed like 15 min ago. Thanks for checkin

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I have to write Polite Letters to people for work and due to Serious Communication(TM) anxiety, it keeps not happening. If anyone either has advice for bypassing the part of my brain that thinks "hi, complete stranger, a mildly important person heard you got an award and thinks that's cool" is an impossibly difficult sentiment to express or can just order me to write down words, either would be appreciated.

11. idiomie

do you have script to fall back on? a literal script, like a fill-in-the-blank form. if not, i'd be happy to try my hand at writing one for you, because i know when i get anxious about writing things, having a structure for writing the letter, instead of just freestyling it, helps me get it done faster

12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Sort of, but it's pretty much just, "Dear [name]: I learned from [an article] about your [achievement]. [something that indicates you actually read the article]. Here's a laminated copy of the article." Which, like, it's ridiculous that I'm having so much trouble with this when it literally only has to be like half a page because most of the paper is letterhead and signature, but that's squirrelbrain for you. And you'd think that with all the random paper lying around in here I'd be able to find an old one specifically for "high school students at top of honor program," but nooo

13. idiomie

... well. that is actually exactly the type of script i was going to write, sorry

in that case, like. just sit down and try to fill in those blanks for like 5 minutes. 5 minutes of doing that and nothing else. and see where you are at the end of that?

14. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

write a silly one first. "dear (straw hat luffy), i learned from (a newspaper a seagull dropped on my head) about your (bounty being raised to 100 million berries). (you look even dorkier in this photo, keep making those goofy faces man.) here's a laminated copy of the wanted poster."

that'll break the suction and let you start rolling with the real ones.

• Winner x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Unless you do what I've done before and write out a goofy email then hit send by mistake because you were a giant fool and didn't put it in a draft.

That was some awkward explaining.

• Witnessed x 7
  16. chaoticArbiter

hey could someone maybe ping me in like an hour to check if I've put my mail in the mailbox yet
    you would think this is a simple task and yet here I am, so I'm hoping that some form of accountability will make me Get It Done

17. Astrodynamicist

Ping!

• Witnessed x 1
  18. chaoticArbiter

ty!
    mail is officially in the box

• Winner x 3
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Transcript for a video on ADHD that I had a lot of emotions reading, with things put in words that I don't always see put into words. Some advice (make reminders physical, keep time visible with clocks in line of sight, make tasks small and create rewards for doing them, and keep blood sugar up with stuff like lemonade or sports drinks), but it starts and ends with affirmation that ADHD is executive dysfunction, is a breakdown in between putting ideas into functional action, and external scaffolding is the most reliable help

• Useful x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. Everett

Thank you for the link! It's very helpful

I'm laughing at the "diabetes of psychiatry" my dude i have actual diabetes, don't remind me how much I have to juggle

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice