The Executive Dysfunction Cheerleading/Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by singing anon, Feb 28, 2017.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

could someone poke me in about an hour or so and ask if I've cleaned the bathroom? I normally don't have a problem with this, but today I just REALLY am, so I'm hoping some prodding will help.

2. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

3. chaoticArbiter

I go to do so now!
    thank.

• Like x 2
  4. chaoticArbiter

task COMPLETED

• Winner x 7
  5. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

a) the tag "executive dysfunction" on this post has a typo and it's not a big deal objectively but it's bugging me

b) it'd be nice if someone could accompany me on my journey to do literally anything useful

6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i never noticed that! i've fixed it, thank you.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  7. bushwah

I have so many urgent things to do that I keep ending up doing nothing. So I guess I'll make a list of types of stuff:

paying bills.
    making and eating food.
    calling doctors.

Where the fuck to start

8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's easier to do other stuff if you have calories in your system, and you can't eat food you haven't made, so start with making a food and eating it.

9. jacktrash

food first, bc your brain needs fuel to work.

then call doctors, because it has to be done before the office closes for the day.

pay bills last, as you can take your time a bit more.

• Agree x 1
  10. bushwah

Apparently yesterday I went and got food that I literally consider a luxury and then stuffed it in the fridge and forgot about it. (Yesterday was... interesting on multiple levels. Not a horrible day, but one where I found out some things about myself.) So today I get to have wild-caught grilled salmon for breakfast. I ate that until I was full, and there's more left for lunch.

Then doctors. I'm not sure they're open on Saturday? But I'll dredge up the numbers and start calling.

• Winner x 3
  11. bushwah

The doctors are NOT open on Saturday (or Sunday). The doctors were ALSO not open on Thursday. That puts me down to bills as the next urgent item.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. jacktrash

*cheers u on*

• Agree x 2
  13. bushwah

It's been years since I was like "hey jesse seems chill I want to talk to him" and then found out your askbox was closed. I really thought you'd just retreated into your circle of friends and were going to be a distant celebrity forever. But... no, you just fled the undermoderated cesspool that was tumblr in favor of socializing on your spouse's open forum. How did I miss this?

Bills:
    union
    therapist
    doctor
    (the one in the ita thread)

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

yeah, asks on tumblr were just something i didn't want to deal with, i'm glad you can talk with me here. :)

sounds like you are trucking along on your tasks like a champ! i should go do An Task of my own. it's nice out, i will stick stakes next to the grapes so i can find them amongst the weed jungle lol

• Like x 1
  15. bushwah

I managed to get through to one doctor, and I know the hours for the union office. The next step on the bills is... going to my parents' house. :(

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

The good thing about getting an extension on doing my taxes is I get to actually file as a resident of the UK. The bad thing is that I keep forgetting I still have to do my taxes, and I'd like to get them done this week so that I can use my return for my student loan payment this month (nothin like usin the money the government gave back to me and yeeting it straight back at the government)

So uh. I'm also gonna make a list here so I don't entirely forget and have an idea of things i need to do

-Gather USA jobs' forms
    -Gather all payslips from UK together
    -Actually fill everything out in turbotax

gonna try and get my all my forms together tonight, it shouldn't take too long cause I know I have them all, but they're spread between phone messages and two different e-mails. but i'm in the midst of taking a break from other productive thing, could someone ping me in a few hours to remind me?

• Like x 1
  17. bushwah

Okay, I just gotta go to my ex-workplace and then to my parents' house, this does not have to be a big deal.

...who am I kidding.

18. bushwah

YO it's been a few hours I think! get your phone and email device and somewhere to take notes and collate those forms, you can do it!

19. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Thank!!! i was literally just about to put it off again and getting the notice motivated me cx have all my US stuff saved in my phone now and all my uk stuff in a folder. excellent.

i might try to do taxes tomorrow morning but depends on when i wake up, if not i'll probly aim for.. before wednesday?? will plan more specifically on monday.

good luck with going places doing things stuff yourself! I deeply understand ex-workplace stress

20. bushwah

I just gotta pick up my last paycheck and deal with my union dues (the "union bill" above) and then I'll be freeeee

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice