The Executive Dysfunction Cheerleading/Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by singing anon, Feb 28, 2017.

1. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

Why am I not getting up or doing anything. What the fuck is wrong with me
    I want to pick up meds, research the union bill to figure out how to pay it, pay the therapist and the hospital, read the book I checked out of the library, and, oh, I guess eating something, again, because food only lasts like 6 hours for some fucking reason. Why can't I only eat once a week. This is a pain in the ass.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

your to-do list is growing. rein it in. you knew what you wanted to accomplish today, and that was plenty. if you let it start ballooning you'll end up overwhelmed and doing nothing.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. bushwah

It'd be nice to get anything whatsoever done, honestly, and I'm trying to hold onto that. Probably the next item of business is getting to my parents' house, given that my food supplies at home are, shall we say, "limited" right now, and also I was going to go through them for the medical bills.

...what stopped me? I was going to leave.

OH YEAH clothing, I gotta figure out clothing. Why does everything have to have so many steps?

4. jacktrash

witnessedddd ;_;

• Agree x 1
  5. bushwah

Well, I'm dressed... and officially sleepy. It is 1730, brain. You do not get to be sleepy yet. I have to either buy food or get to my parents' house, or falling asleep may actually be dangerous. Doctors are dealt with until Monday. Bills are... not going to do anything with themselves until I have food. I GOTTA FUCKING GET UP.

(Brain: dun wanna)

6. jacktrash

deep breaths, move around a little bit. oxygenate that blood. have some juice maybe, something to give yourself a little energy boost.

sounds like going to your folks place is two birds one stone, kinda thing -- you get food, and you get one of the bills handled. that sounds like a win.

• Agree x 1
  7. bushwah

Food and two or three bills, actually; I owe the doctor, the therapist, and my parents themselves. Maybe even all of them depending on what’s going on with the union (if they require a credit card, my parents don’t know I have one, so it’s best to ask them to do it).

But it’s also a set of things I’d dearly like to put off, because fuck being at my parents’ house.

Regardless, I type this as I perambulate paterward.

8. jacktrash

good luck! ganbatte! get it over with and then you don't have it hanging over you, and all that.

• Agree x 1
  9. bushwah

Yep. And the sooner I’m there, the sooner I can leave; it’s still possible I won’t have to spend the night there.

Ooh, totally missed “progenitorward” in the last post. I’ll edit that when I’m on my computer again.

• Like x 1
  10. bushwah

And the things I added really weren’t unreasonable; I’m set up to stop by my former workplace on the way, and I already have my meds. The problem was failure to prioritize clearly enough to get up.

11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

man, if i had a dollar for every day i’ve wasted sitting around doing fuckall because everything was too important to do first... :P kudos on getting yourself into motion!

• Agree x 1
  12. bushwah

Well, there’s also the issue that I should probably have a caretaker and/or a wheelchair; I can’t always get up even when I have the will. But executive dysfunction isn’t not a problem, you know?

The most effective thing for me getting up is rolling over a few times, then mapping the floor and just falling out of bed. Potential energy. But juggling all my Things (objects, priorities, information) is another struggle.

• Like x 2
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Taxes! Filed!!

• Winner x 5
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Hell yeah!!!

Can someone page me in like 8 to 12 hours to see if ive gone to the store for paper towels and such

Thank

15. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

@Everett have you gone to the store?

• Like x 1
  16. Charlie

if someone could page me in an hour to make sure I've cleaned the rat cage I'd really appreciate it

17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

i got home, remembered, and went to the store, thank for checking in

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. bushwah

• Like x 1
  19. Charlie

@bushwah
    Thank you, I did it! The rats are happier now

• Winner x 2
  20. bushwah

I GOTTA LEAVE FOR THERAPY

but moving I am not

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice