The Executive Dysfunction Cheerleading/Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by singing anon, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

2. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Thank you! got food into my face. In all honesty, I may not be able to manage the phone call right now. I know it needs to be done and I won't not do it, but I might need a little more time. But everything else is doable!

• Like x 1
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

That's wonderful! That's a lot of stuff you've accomplished! Good luck with the phone call, whenever you feel up to it.

4. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

just managed to remember to renew my disabled transit pass in the same place as a selfie, my license, and my medicare card. It expired last January and I've been paying full fares like a loser since bc I go to LA like once or twice a month for a weekend . womp womp.

on the burner:
    1) waiting for a callback about the engraving on my wedding ring, need to follow up tomorrow if necessary, taking all i have not to email the person who told me to call and make sure just leaving the message like the robot instructed was sufficient. (done as of 3 pm 3/15)
    2) go to walk-ins for my major adviser tomorrow, send that doc to my minor adviser for tweaking (done as of 3 pm 3/15)
    3) remind my mom tomorrow to call the rehearsal dinner venue before my father-in-law decides i am completely incompetent 5ever. (aside: wedding planning when both bride and groom are phone call avoidant, one has AS, both have ADHD? FUN) reminder for tonight sent, may need follow up *SHE FINALLY DID IT IT TOOK THREE MONTHS BUT IT'S DONE. RIP ME. NOW GOTTA TALK TO BONUS DAD*

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  5. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Can someone help me troubleshoot getting fed and hydrated? my executive function is kicking my ass today.

6. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

cancel request: sister woke up, and they are helping me food

7. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I've been trying to do spring yard work for two months, finally maybe I can do it but I let someone down yesterday with an online obligation so maybe I should try to do that instead, but real life things! But what if the person gives up on me? But real life! But also my room is a mess and I have no space to do anything, and I have a convention Thursday so I have to get ready.... There's too much so I spent all day yesterday watching YouTube videos.

8. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Do you think maybe you could break any of those tasks down into more manageable bits?

9. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Yeah, I think I can do that, sorry, it got too late in the day I'm going to tackle some of those projects tomorrow

• Like x 1
  10. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I need to get a granola bar, and there's one on the other side of the room, but I think I need a push/encouragement? I've been thinking 'better go get that!' for at least 15-20 minutes now

it's so close, c'moooooooon self. please. this is so silly.

11. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

you should grab that granola bar, food is good

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Retrieve the granola bar, granola is delicious and nutritious and you are missing out on that good good granola flavor every second you dont eat it. Consume the Health to Make You Strong

• Like x 2
  13. Lambda

om nom nom granola has been achieved. I can feel my imaginary stamina bar filling up
    oddly enough, I think the biggest hurdle was that I was sitting on my feet, which added an extra level of Stuck In This Position
    once I end up like that it's harder to move

• Like x 2
  14. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

In like half an hour, can someone poke me to get food?

15. Lambda

@idiomie it's been (over) half an hour, has food been introduced formally to your mouth?

16. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Yep, it has! Thank you for the reminder.

• Like x 1
  17. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

can someone plz tell me to get up and go to my school building to get work done? I know i'll be miserable if i don't do it but im going hnnnnngh at the concept rn

18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

@theambernerd Go... Do The Thing

Enter the Schoole and do the Works

• Like x 1
  19. theambernerd

Thank! Am on The Bus. Hoping friends might be doing the work there too.

• Winner x 2
  20. theambernerd

Random note: when I am have trouble doing the Getting Up thing I have started singing the 'put one foot in front of the other' song from that one Christmas special

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice