The Fabulous Self-Mutilation Megathread

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Vast Derp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I cut myself a little again because I'm trash

2. i made it six months this time. i forgot how much they fuckin bleed, geez.

3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless poetry apologist

Somebody asks "what happened to your arms?"
    and I'm like "a blackberry bush? probably?"
    It's a bunch of parallel lines......... what do they think couldve happened???
    Short sleeve season is here again and I really need better ways to answer this question. Like. I'm not embarrassed by my scars or anything, but it seems kind of a heavy conversation to be having with a relative stranger :/

4. @Mostly Harmless self harm's well known enough that they know exactly what those scars are from. there's a strong chance that the person's just being a dick, at least in my experience. they want to hear you admit to it for...some reason?

• Like x 2
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i hurt myself at work. for being hand hurt in a way that impeded doing work good. so i irritated the wound. am smart, do brain good.

6. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

yesterday was bad. slammed my head against the wall a bunch and punched myself in the face hard enough that I saw dots, multiple times. did that so i wouldn't cut. wondered if cutting would actually be better.

• Like x 1
  7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

It... Probably would, honestly. You could give yourself brain damage.

8. AbsenteeLandlady123

my mum is more forgiving of blunt force self harm. when i admitted to cutting about eight months ago she was devastated. resulted in getting me my dog, because she thought that would mean i never did it again.
    jaw is still really tender though.

9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I always sort of poked myself with matches that I'd just blown out
    which didn't do much damage but hurt?
    maybe do something like that, instead of giving yourself brain damage.

10. AbsenteeLandlady123

i really want to cut right now
    not gonna
    not gonna do any of it

11. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

i haven't cut in years. but admittedly do punch myself in the head/bang my head off things. i'm actually a little worried i may have caused myself to develop tinnitus :/

• Like x 1
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I've found hot wax was a good alternative to cutting for me, but that's still self harm, I guess. :/

13. Aniseed

i really haven't found a good alternative at all. i just kind of suffer through wanting to. i also pick at my skin sort of unconsciously, which does sometimes mitigate me wanting to do more violent stuff, but it's obviously not the best solution since i end up with scabs all over.

• Like x 1
  14. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

relapsed last week. trying to forget.

15. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Relapsed today. Trying not to think about it, especially how much I fucking enjoyed it.

16. Gnoat

Gnoat New Member

My scars start itching sometime during their healing process. When the scar tissue is white and fresh, and the skin is still red around it. Sometimes it is easier to stop the itching by going over them again. But this keeps them fresh, and I am bothered when family I do not see often pulls at my sleeves to look at the marks...have been rubbing at the area since, and now thinking of baseball t's. Bleh.

17. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

i haven't done anything in a really long time but rn i am so incredibly tempted because i can't bring myself to grasp the urgency of deadlines and stuff like, time doesn't exist right now it isn't real and i know factually that if i don't get my work done before the deadline i'll be in trouble but i can't really understand it, i can't feel the urgency at all, and cutting/scratching has been a pretty reliable way to bring me back into the present in the past (no. no it hasn't.) ((also 'back into the present in the past' is a really funny line of words. wow))
    idk i just feel like maybe moderated pain would help me focus
    and i mean it's not like i've ever seriously injured myself so
    idk idk idk idk
    i might try the wax thing to see if thats the right kind of pain bc if i cut my parents might notice and that would be Bad

18. Aniseed

does anyone else just. constantly want to hurt themselves? sometimes something will happen and i'll get a sudden jolt of wanting to, but lately 'wanting to hurt myself' is just like, the background radiation of my life. it's pretty much always on my mind. i don't know what to do. i haven't hurt myself, i just want my brain to stop telling me to over and over again.

• Like x 1
  19. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Me yesterday in Skype chat: "Oh, I don't really self harm anymore."

Me today: "...well about that..."

20. AbsenteeLandlady123

notgonna cut not gonna od not gonna do it things pass things get better i wasn't even that rude in my post about the facebook thing on tumblr i apologized the person will accept it or not its gonna get better im goinng tobe fine i dont need to kil myself over this i dont need to idont want tod ie things get better

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice