The Good Bad Ship

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Aondeug, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

A thread in which we chat about our favorite terrible and unhealthy ships. Shit like Mindfang<3Dolorosa shall be loved, dammit. Loved.

I am not entirely sure where to start with this so I will start with my Hamsteak otp. Namely Aranea<3Porrim. Which given Aranea's personality and Porrim's stubborn momming thing probably wasn't the healthiest or best relationship. I like to think it was ended specifically because shit just wasn't working out on that end. Like, yes, we don't hate Aranea but jesus fucking christ this is doing no one favors and she's sending long passive aggressive messages over trollian again.

• Like x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Man. Hamsteak was my first fandom and still is the only thing that has me in its iron grip outright.

Stridercest in all flavors, Egbertcest, JohnJade, DaveRose, DadDave. Any combo of ecto-relations will get people screechy but I love it and will continue to love it.

Gotten sideeyed for still shipping DirkJake. Terezi and Gamzee were obviously fucked up but I still ship it because there's so much to explore there on so many layers. Eridan with Feferi and/or Sollux has a nice cozy spot for me. Vriska literally anywhere will draw screeches and I fan them.

I admittedly didn't get as overtly attached to the trolls as the humans though, and I'm probably forgetting some things.. 8Ic

• Like x 3
  3. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

how about the Psiioniic/HIC for an awful unhealthy ship dynamic, for those who like a nice helping of stockholm syndrome with their ships? (i ship a wide variety of unhealthy ships but that one is up there, for sure.)

• Like x 4
  4. TheMockingCrows

oh lord that's one I forgot for sure.

5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Jasper and lapis lazuli from Steven universe

How about wow look at that problematic shit. (just the way I like it)

• Like x 5
  6. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Literally no one will care but god do I ship Victor/Jude from Tales of Xillia 2. *covers face with both hands*

7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Literally even LESS people will care, but Hitori/Kazuaki from Hatoful Boyfriend because I'm a terrible human being.

• Like x 4
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Damara/Caliborn in a terrible and ridiculously unhealthy quadrant-vacillating clusterfuck gives me life. And ngl, I kind of ship them as LE and Handmaid too, in a horrible Stockholm Syndrome-y way.

Given the fact that I ship it specifically as UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS: THE SHIP, I guess Damara/Sollux could fall under the heading of fucked up ships as well?

Oh, and blackrom Damara/Meenah, good lord. It's basically my blackrom OTP and it's also something that would've been born pretty much entirely out of long-term psychological abuse (THANKS MEENAH), and I need more of it.

...All of my really pr96lematic ships seem to involve Damara and I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

• Like x 5
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Kazuaki/Shuu because I'm also a terrible human being.

• Like x 3
  10. LurkNoMoar

LurkNoMoar Well-Known Member

I have a soft spot Marvel trash, for Bucky/Pierce and Erik Lensherr/Shaw. But only if they are portrayed as massively, massively fucked up and manipulative relationships. And yep, this probably has something to do with my weird history obsession, and my tendency to process historical trauma and oppression through stories about individual dehumanization and abuse.

• Like x 3
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

From rp shenanigans I am very fond of Porrim<3The Handmaid. Which given how the Handmaid acts and how Porrim isn't really helping her results in something that just. Isn't. Good. They aren't on an even level and the Handmaid gets very nasty and mean because she has a sadistic streak to her. All while Porrim tries to help her with methods that just don't actually work. If anything they just make the Handmaid worse and treat her worse.

• Like x 1
  12. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

ah maaan, problematic marvel (cinematic at least) ships are my shit.
    literally the first thing i thought when i finished seeing Age of Ultron was that I needed some terrible, terrible stuff between Ultron and Tony. Their hatred for each other is too pure to go to waste

• Like x 4
  13. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I don't get that. They had a thing. It didn't work out but it didn't work out because they are effed-up teenagers, not because they don't care about each other, so imnsho shipping it is fine whether you go AU or write fix-it fic where they work out their problems.

• Like x 1
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I still ship Dave <3 Terezi. I actually always shipped Dave <3 Terezi, Karkat <3 Jade, John <3 Vriska and Rose <3 Kanaya. Then @jacktrash made me ship John/Karkat quite against my original intentions.

I don't ship any of the beta kids with each other. I do still also ship Dirk & Jake. But with quadrant vacillation.

I think probably my favourite fucked up ship is Erisol but all of the Erisols I have loved reading have had really OOC Eridans or were AU or both. Amporas are pretty to look at but they are assholes.

Dirk <3< Caliborn maybe a little.

IDK, I don't know if I ship any of the really bad ships. My reaction to Cronus /Mituna, Equius/Aradia, Eridan/Feferi and Tavros/Vriska is GET IT AWAY FROM ME. But I don't care if other people ship it as long as they don't put untagged nsfw art of it in my feed. I can ignore text. :p

I am weirdly fond of John/Karkat/Jade now and also of Aradia/Sollux/Feferi, even though I know trolls supposedly don't do triads...

• Like x 2
  15. TheMockingCrows

There's also the glory of crackships. :D

• Like x 6
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i haven't been into hetalia since forever ago, but i was hateshipping russia/america before i even knew what hateshipping was.

#i maaay have also divulged in a lot of fics where russia kidnaps america and he develops stockholm syndrome #no idea what that was all about

• Like x 2
  17. theambernerd

oh man. Hetalia shipping was me at my most problematic, god bless.

I rp'd male belarus and one time I started rping with a prussia and we had a rape-off. it was quite the event.

#not to mention the gore rps #my russia never did give me my eye back :c

• Like x 3
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

This. This is my OT3. I don't even ship triads for the most part but goddamn.

• Like x 4
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I spadeship the hell out of Jasper/Lapis and I can't wait to see what happens with them in canon, but I hate the way they're usually portrayed in fandom. Specifically how Lapis is often depicted as weak and helpless, and all those posts talking about how they hope she gets rescued soon. While Jasper unquestionably has more social and physical power, and most of the time a more aggressive personality, right now Lapis is holding all of the cards. Lapis does not need rescuing. Lapis is exactly where she wants to be - well, where she's decided to be, I doubt she actually likes her current job. But the point is, currently Lapis is the aggressor, in control, keeping Jasper captive against her will in a much deeper way than Jasper ever kept her captive. They have both hurt each other terribly and I love it. I hope Jasper comes out of the fusion with a new respect for/fear of different types of strength, and new knowledge of her own weakness (and a heaping helping of trauma because THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE, AWYEAH).

...I have more to say but it occurs to me this may not have been the correct thread for this rant. but god i love those two and their awful relationship so much.

edit: oh yeah also pearlidot as of this latest episode. I'm pretty certain that counts as unhealthy :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    • Like x 5
  20. theambernerd

oh maaaaan : D boy did peridot's outbursts of prejudice and classist dismissal ping all my shipping senses.

Oh my godddd do I love class difference in ship. I love master/slave dynamics so much in fiction, hearing everything said about pearl pinged that radar so hard. I need to see some slave pearl under literally any character right now, oh my god. and the idea of a society that custom makes pretty status symbol slaves makes me want to kink worldbuild so baaad
    just. this recent episode pings my kinks so much

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice