The Great God Sperg

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Aondeug, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

To be honest Lugh could probably find a way to make and repair spears with spears as his only tools.

• Like x 5
  2. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

I'm trying to imagine it and it appears in my mind's eye as a ridiculous wuxia comic book scene

• Like x 2
  3. Aondeug

To be honest Irish myths are basically wuxia or anime. Complete with ridiculous names for attacks and wandering honorable warrior bands and people making ridiculously huge leaps.

• Like x 3
  4. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

• Like x 4
  5. Aondeug

Yes. I love that thing so fucking much you have no idea.

• Like x 3
  6. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

I consider myself more or less pagan, or at least polytheist. I have a strong interest in the Norse pantheon, but I do not have any rituals/observances/don't have a strong interest in Heathen practices. (I do not do well with rituals/spells/observances and generally don't have much in the way of spiritual feels.) I really really like Loki and have always felt a weird sympathy for him. I kind of adore Sigyn, though I was more or less confused by her. (When I was a kid, I thought she was a doormat, when I was an older kid I had severe doubts of her representing a dutiful wife, because frankly, holding the bowl to keep the venom from dropping on Loki's head is much, much less kind than picking up a rock and either a) killing Loki b) killing the snake. ) I have since read some interesting essays about Sigyn, and have decided she's the goddess of putting up with shit. Specifically Loki's shit, but all the other shit works too.

<strike>Also this may or may not be appropriate to the thread but I totally polyship Loki with Sigyn and Angrboda (sp).</strike>

• Like x 1
  7. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

Is there a thread for fictional gods and newly invented gods/egregores? Praying to Batman and this thread both seem not quite the right place.

• Like x 1
  8. Aondeug

Not yet, no. Though the general crafts and other odd religions thread might work for it? That's generally where things like popculture polytheism have ended up.

9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Or you could make a separate pcp (or even general paganism?) thread!

10. Aondeug

Could do that too! Though I kind of like the current set up. Where it's just kind of...all sorts of things chaotically mashing. Though a specific thread for paganism or polytheism might be good to like...specifically provide a place for people dealing with gods in particular? And religious practices. The current thread can be that but also it's a lot of magic and such that is kind of detached from say WHOO FUCK YEAH ARES BRUH.

• Like x 2
  11. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Yeah, right now the wixcraft thread is kinda the Tarot Thread (not that I mind.) I like reading and nattering about gods too, but to me the Crafts and paganism are sorta two separate things that tend to overlap.

• Like x 2
  12. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

(quietly hums to self about Odin, bc does not do much in the way of Practices or ~worship~ but kinda just keeps him in mind all the time)

• Like x 1
  13. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Same hat! I'd like to have more in the way of a Practice but I haven't found what works for me/gotten in the habit yet

I fucking love hearing about other people's experiences with gods and spirits tho

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards vague nature-worship and possibly animism.

15. Aondeug

Ah. For me they're basically entirely inseparable. My magic has its origins and framework in my religion so I can't really pull the two apart at all. The closest I have to magic that isn't expressly religious for me is my popculture shit and even then I'm typically using it in my religious shit. So yes I have homestuck divination dice but I use those to talk to my gods.

16. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Pantheism is fun if youre super into space and dont like the idea of a god that demands worship

• Like x 2
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Spaaaaaaaace

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

Pantheism I thought about for a while. Though in the end I decided it wasn't my thing. While I do think that space is literally a sentient and sapient god being I don't subscribe to only one god. Instead there's lots of gods all over the place and of all sorts. I remain very fond of pantheism though as I do of panentheism. Panentheism in particular I really adore even if it's not my thing.

• Like x 2
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Pointilism pantheism

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wish I could outright believe in anything specific :(

EDIT:
    YES. That sounds like awesome. I can't say it's a belief on my part but it's the way I'd like things to be.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice