The guinea pig thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by NevermorePoe, Jun 4, 2016.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Tell me about your furry potatoes!

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't own one but I used to volunteer at a guinea pig shelter! They had hutches floor-to-ceiling in a converted shed and it was like walking into a birdcage with all the little chirpy noises :)

• Like x 1
  3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I saw this a while ago, and intended to reply and probably forgot about it. That sounds like my version of heaven.

4. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

The lil chirpy noises are actually what convinced my anti-pets-in-the-house mom that piggies were a Good Critter to have in the house. Gus and Floyd belonged to our dance teacher at the time, one week we come in for the lesson and there were TWO BABY GUINEA PIGS and they made the cutest lil sounds so she was like "ok these are pretty cute, they make nice small sounds" and I was like "I MUST HAVE PIGGIES" so I did a bunch of research and at about the time I'd convinced my parents that letting me have piggies was a good idea, the dance teacher called my mom and was like "hey, it turns out that I'm allergic to the piggies* and I know Cara really liked them, you want them?" and that's how I got the pigs.
    *this was unexpected because she also has a cat and a dog and no allergy issues with them

• Like x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

allergy differences between dogs etc and rodents are pretty common i think. I'm thinking of altering Tako's cage, anyone have toy or cage reccomendations, or pics of cages for inspiration?

6. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Horace is learning to beg for veggies from humans in the garden while he's outside. I'm so proud of my potato son, he is learning.

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Tako used to freak out whenever I opened the mini fridge in my room because I kept lettuce in there.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice