THE KITTENING

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Starcrossedsky, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

THE BABBIES AAAAA!!!!!!!!!

2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

what precious catbabbies! they are (pokes monitor) so smol

I only have experience with rat pups, but I'm guessing there's a similar stage where they start to wander off on their own rather than sit in a sibling-pile all the time? Tiny catventures~ Also my mom's comment on the second pic: "The poor cat mom is so exhausted she is sleeping sitting up. Such cute babs."

• Like x 1
  3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

They are not quite to that stage yet but yes. I will watch them so much at that point.

Yeah, when they start wandering away from the siblinglump I'm going to have to modify the box a bit so they're not constantly escaping unsupervised. Also she has good reason to be exhausted, haha, there are SEVEN kittens in that pile.

4. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Ours are all getting eyes open! They also wobble walk a little but right now most of them are asleep so they're no fun at the moment.
    But I did get a cute pic of one, with guest birb
    image.jpg

• Like x 9
  5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

KITTENS :D :D

I wish I knew someone with kittens. :( Used to be that the place where I rode horses had kittens every summer, but that place doesn't exist anymore because of divorce :(

I do love me some kittens though :D

6. Starcrossedsky

OH LOOK, ANOTHER VIDEO

They all have open eyes now and are at least responsive enough to come sniff my hand. one of them climbed on my finger (not video'd). It was precious. tiny babs. they squeak.

• Like x 14
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I once had three kittens born and raised in my bedroom till they were old enough to be rehomed.
    They destroyed everything
    It was the greatest couple of months of my life

• Like x 7
  8. Starcrossedsky

They are exploring now. I discovered this because one of them started screaming due to getting trapped behind a tool box and I had to go be the big scary rescue human.

Sighs a lot about kittens.

• Like x 13
  9. Void

EHEHE welcome to kind of parenthood. you are second kitty parent now

10. Starcrossedsky

And so after their attempt at exploring last night, this MORNING their mom moved them to somewhere more contained... Namely, a pinball machine.

Here's two more videos. Look, they're starting to play!

• Like x 9
  11. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I LOVE THEM

12. Void

they are beautiful and i now claim them as my children

• Like x 1
  13. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

lol at least she moved them somewhere more contained. Our momma moved hers under the bed a few days ago so now they are running all over the place.

• Like x 1
  14. Starcrossedsky

Yeah, I was planning to put together a more contained play area for them together around the box... But their mom went and did this while I was asleep, so??? that happened.

15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Awwwww kitties!! : 3 so are you going to try and socialize the kittens and get them adopted? o3o

• Like x 1
  16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

she saw the cats on the side of the pinball machine and it had to happen

• Like x 2
  17. Starcrossedsky

Yep, that's the plan! Housemate's aunt has already claimed two, but on that note IF THERE'S ANYONEIN TEH SEATTLE AREA LOOKING FOR A CAT...

18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I wish I could take a kitteh, they look super adorable ; A ; but i'm not in the area at all or ready for cat ownership so alas. i shall just watch their cuteness through the internet. Good luck finding homes for the rest!!

and if u don't mind a slight derail, this reminded me of a youtube channel I found recently, Vet Ranch, which is a non-profit that rescues injured or sick animals from euthanasia lists and heals them up and helps find them new loving homes!! The channel definitely gives me a good fuzzy pick me up when I need it, and is also fascinating to my suprisingly squick-proof mind, since they show some in-progress surgery shots and explain things more technically. So, content warning: sometimes surgeries and stuff, but in the more recent videos they've been giving clear warnings before graphic footage shows up. Older episodes they don't, so proceed to those with caution

• Like x 1
  19. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i love vet ranch, i don't have enough cash to really help them out, but when i order stuff on amazon i do the amazon smile thing and vet ranch is my charity :) i think its like...five percent of what you spend is sent to the charity? makes me feel like I'm doing something, at least

• Like x 1
  20. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

.....drives up to seattle to get a kitten

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice