The Night Of Swords

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by The Queen of Cups, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

He pulls curiously at the ropes still attached to him. He frowns when it becomes clear that they won't come off, and he's about to search the room for a knife when a sudden movement catches his attention. His head snaps up to see what it is; it's someone else, another person.

It takes him a moment to get the words to come out of his mouth right, but he manages to ask, "Who are you? Where am I?"

2. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"What?" The thief is holding himself differently, and he doesn't seem scared anymore. Just confused. They move closer to get a better look at him.

...Huh. "You're not Mica, are you?"

3. Nul

"Who's Mica?"

When the other person doesn't answer, he goes back to tugging at the ropes. Wait. "You've got a knife, help me out," he says. "And you never told me your name."

• Like x 1
  4. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"...Mutt." They don't take out their knife, not yet. This is new. This wasn't supposed to happen. This shouldn't be possible.

5. Nul

"Okay. Mutt. Where are we?"

6. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"You really don't know?" The - what used to be the thief shakes his head. He doesn't recognize them, either...

"Hey, what's your name?"

7. Nul

"My name? I'm..." And there's a big gaping hole where his name should be. He stares straight ahead, trying to get his memory to work right. His name is.... He's from..... He's....

He presses his hands against his head. Why can't he remember anything?

• Like x 2
  8. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Okay. Okay. I'm going to cut you free now. Don't do anything stupid." Wait, does he know what's stupid? "Don't hurt yourself or me."

They kneel next to him and carefully cut him out of the ropes. He stays still until they're done, which is good. He must have some sense.

"I'm going to take you to someone I know, okay? She'll probably know what to tell you."

• Like x 2
  9. Nul

"Okay. Thank you."

10. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt helps him up and sets out to find Legion.

11. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion is in her room, with Even, sharing dinner, and perks up as Mutt enters. "...hey, you've been gone awhile, everything go okay... with.. .the... Que...Ennnnn Mutt who the fuck is that?"

• Like x 1
  12. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I don't know. He's different than he was before. Can you fix him?"

13. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"...Mutt. Use your words. Who is this? Where did they come from?" Legion pinches the bridge of her nose. "Fix them how?"

14. Nul

"I don't remember anything," he offers.

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt looks at the not-thief for a moment before answering. "The Queen gave him to me. He was Mica, and he was bad, and then suddenly he wasn't either anymore."

16. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion gives Mutt a long-suffering stare. "...if you don't know any of what happened, I'm not sure I can help."

She stands, circling the newcomer. "Why did the Queen give you this... Mica guy? New job offer?"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"He's the other half of me. He was the half that got to go home."

18. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"...wait. seriously? Your Fetch? Or.. wait. Wait. How did she define 'other half'?"

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

They frown. "She didn't, but I know. We used to be one person and then we weren't."

20. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"....okay. shit. Lemme... hell. Even?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice