The Non-Dudebro's Guide to the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Astrodynamicist, Oct 24, 2016.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh greenland too! But it has land borders to other countries so even in the late second third/early last third of the run ya can still get a foothold there.

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

huh. I've....consistently failed because of Greenland, no matter what. /shrugs

eta: I am speaking only of my experience playing with Plague Inc, which is why I say that I've failed because of Greenland.

• Like x 1
  3. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

nah just leave out the context

also yes fucking greenland. the only way to win is to not buy symptoms until everyone is infected. and then all the symptoms.

• Like x 3
  4. chaoticArbiter

seriously, though. I think the only other time I actually won was when I started in Greenland, and even then, it was a close one.

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

it's a practice thing I find starting in india easier bc of the population density

6. chaoticArbiter

hmmmm.
    looks at India. considers.
    I will try this.

• Like x 2
  7. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Unsure if this has been mentioned before, but I've been getting in to the McElroy family podcasts and they have one called Bunker Buddies which is all about apocalypse related stuff. Well worth a listen (as is everything done by them!)

• Like x 1
  8. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

A fine honing stone or some fine wet-dry sandpaper on a glass plate would work for resharpening small batches.

A piece of toilet bowl tank makes a great honing stone too (the inside, unglazed surface).

• Like x 6
  9. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

dude me too! They're so clean and quiet and keep to themselves - wtf Greenland? Stop washing your hands and die already!

(i mean.... not irl)

• Like x 2
  10. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

also hey speaking of penicillin I'm allergic. All derivatives that have been tried set me off too. Every time i get exposed, the reaction kicks in faster and I'm fairly certain i'm at the point where if left unchecked it would kill me.

So i must humbly request that alternative antibiotics be figured out if possible, assuming we aren't able to just raid an existing supply.

• Like x 2
  11. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Okay this is going to sound silly, but you can totally mail order pet antibiotics from those vet catalogs like Drs. Foster and Smith and they're they're the same damn thing for pretty cheap. The dosage is just different. I know a prepper who hoards fish antibiotics because you can just walk into a pet store and buy the stuff.

• Like x 1
  12. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

I'm resigned to the fact that if SHTF I will not be getting my pills. That's one if the big parts about a collapse of civilization; the tech level will unavoidably drop, and those reliant on it will suffer.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice