The Non-Dudebro's Guide to the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Astrodynamicist, Oct 24, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@raybot I'm semi-decent at taking apart things to see how they work and then building it back the same or better? I mean, I can't do circuitry, but BY OUR POWERS COMBINED :3

• Like x 3
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

we're gonna want backpacks too, so if we can't scavenge up some premade ones we gotta be ready to make them.

• Like x 2
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Oh Oh! I know how to make bags and pouches! Backpacks prooooobably kinda too. maybe. Depends.

• Like x 3
  4. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

:3! circuitry might be more trouble than it's worth tbh because a source of electricity would probably be finite and also unreliable. but! mechanical things, and body powered sources of energy. i dont think we could generate enough to do anythig big but i remember in high school this one club would show off their bike powered smoothie machhine, and if you rode the bike for 5 minues you got to take the smoothie with you

• Like x 3
  5. emythos

make a bag, stick back straps on it? idk, i'm gonna google this now.

• Like x 3
  6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i can help with building things! if there's one thing theatre stagebuilding club taught me it's how to deal with hammers and nails xxD
    bags are, luckily, not that hard to make if you have some sort of fabric at hand.

my kryptonite is: i have like, noodle arms and low stamina. i can raise those, but effort. at least crafty stuff isn't too badly impaired by my adhd...

• Like x 3
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have approximate knowledge of many things. I can draw, which might help with language barriers. I can wash clothing without a washing machine and even without hot water if I must. I seem to be good at coming up with ideas for solutions for when a technology is no longer a thing?

• Like x 7
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I read that really, really wrong.

• Like x 4
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have few spoons, sensory issue, and canĀ“t fight my way out of a paper bag.

• Like x 3
  10. electroTelegram

i need to know

• Like x 3
  11. PotteryWalrus

• Like x 1
  12. emythos

oh no
    tell me
    at least in the apocaplyse "handwash only" tags will no longer be a problem.

• Like x 3
  13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Strap-ons. Which is a really weird mental image.

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

dildos are not an absolute necessity, guys.

well, I mean, I guess that depends on who you are, but like, I don't think we should diy those.

• Like x 7
  15. PotteryWalrus

That's reminded me of my similar kryptonite - ADHD means that I can't focus on one thing at a time, but if I'm allowed to sort of flit back and forth between projects and sing and recite poetry and old stories while I do it (because when my ipod dies all my tunes will come out of my mouth instead XD)

I mean, sometimes if I'm really interested in a thing I will Hyperfocus, but then after it's done I will want nothing to do with that thing for at least like a week afterward ^^;;

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like x 5
  16. electroTelegram

that reminds me of that one parks and rec episode where the characters are at a party that gets sidetracked because they need to dig something up, but because they have no digging tools one of the characters yells, "use the penises! they cut your digging time in half!"

eta for clarification: they were at a (bachelorette?) pre- marrige party so there were sex toys

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like x 2
  17. emythos

i will join you in the CONSTANT SINGING XD

• Like x 3
  18. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i'll join the singers as well but lemme warn you i cant sing for shit
    but we'll be bards, remembering the songs of old for the new world

• Like x 4
  19. PotteryWalrus

Shit let's be jukeboxes XDD

• Like x 3
  20. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I have experience riding overly-laden bicycles, which takes a certain amount of skill. I volunteer to be someone's bike trailer chauffeur!

Kryptonite is occasional bouts of paralyzing depression, but as long as you don't mind me spending like one day a week hiding somewhere dark and alone, and occasionally needing someone to bring me food...

I can make and play wooden flutes, assuming I have tools. I will accompany the singers.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice