The Prison of Gaen'ea - A group rp set on tumblr

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Mendacity, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

So, hear me out, I have a tumblr rp group. I know, I know, but the thing is the format is beautiful and really fun to dick with. The addition of pretty pages is very attractive to me, you know. The main page of it is set up, but I'll describe out some information here as well.

-=Gaen'ea=-

There is one moral conundrum that has plagued every world in the galaxy since the dawn of civilization. What does one do with criminals after they have been apprehended? It has been approached from various angles, some species enacted death penalties while others simply put them into cryostasis. Myriads of solutions, but none of them were cheap and none of them were easy. Always there was a moral conundrum tied up in the punishment of prisoners.

The Galactic Collective, or the governing body of the galaxy that consists of one representative of each sentient race, finally turned their eyes upon the issue of crime and imprisonment. While there were issues with morals, there was also the issue of escape. With no galaxy wide control on the prison systems and with varying standards of what was considered punishment or not, a crime wave had begun to grow. Crime syndicates were threatening even The Collective in power, and of course this could not stand.

Moral, ethical, and financial debates raged within the halls of The Galactic Collective only to reach a decision years after the initial issue was brought up. The solution was provided by a newcomer in the Collective, a member of a race that had only recently decided to send a representative. The Akmaz, or the Facilitators as they prefer to be called, raised a solution that they thought would please every involved party.

The idea was simple: each criminal would be detained after capture by any means then brought to a space station that orbited a garden world. Once there they would be completely mind wiped. The goal was not to change their base personality, but to remove all memories of who they were before being placed upon this garden world. Depending upon the severity of the mind wipe they could have vague memories and their name, or absolutely nothing. The details weren’t important to the collective, they cared about what followed: the world would be dedicated to this cause and would have shielding around the planet as well as a defense system set up to assault any and all unapproved vessels coming towards the planet.

This did please everyone, especially when the Facilitators offered to cover most of the cost for the prison itself. Homeworlds of prisoners were only required to pay if they wanted the prisoner in question to be rehabilitated. This meant that the economic drain was gone, and that the moral issues were allowed to rest.

The planet chosen was one called Gaen'ea, a planet with no sentient life but plenty of flora and fauna to support these prisoners in their new lives. It is also quite interesting to note that as of the creation of this prison world, nearly one hundred years ago, no Homeworld has attempted to pay for a prisoner to be rehabilitated. It seems that they are pleased to let these prisoners, some just petty thieves, rot away on Gaen'ea with no recollection of who they were before.

In the game, Gaen'ea and the city of Koh will be central to the life of your character. The Facilitators act as an opposing force of a sort, a foreboding group that are clearly doing something wrong in some way. Events will occur throughout the game, some life changing and some minor holidays, but all of these events will have influence from everyone within the group. You have the ability to recommend your own event and if I can find a good spot for it, it'll be hosted! Character creation is outlined on the Gaen'ea site itself, but along with this you do have the option of creating your own alien race. This race will be placed up in the races page, however if you like it will be marked as not-open (meaning that unless someone clears it by you first they can't make any aliens of that race).

I say it in the rules, but I'll repeat it: I firmly recommend making a whole new tumblr account for an rp blog, this allows you to send asks under your rp blog and means your rp blog can actually follow people back. On tumblr itself people all have different roleplaying styles to fit the format, but Gaen'ea is very free form. I personally use a mix of short hand and paragraph depending on how serious the scene in question is. Anyway, most of the nitty gritty is on the site but feel free to ask questions here!

We also have a discord that you can join here!

• Like x 3
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I would like to express interest pending a few arguments with the brainweasels.

• Like x 2
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Touching in to say that I've got a character in it already (though he hasn't been submitted yet.)

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  5. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I won't be joining because Tumblr is a fuckhuge spoon drain for me in any capacity, but I've been poking my head in to spectate and enjoying it vicariously through the SPR.

• Like x 3
    • Like x 2
  6. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

As a note I also play Vermilion, along with doing the main blog. Vermilion is here but I also aggressively link that in his spr account too LMAO

7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Diamond is over here, on his very #aesthetic theme. B)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice