The Tower In The Storm

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Eh. They're okay, but one does not make a meal." She glances at Katters. "...wanna try one?"

2. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

“I don’t—” Katters starts, and stops. She can eat fruit, in a pinch, but it doesn’t tend to agree with her. Is this a pinch?

She is hungry. What’s she eaten today, a handful of candy? Christ, no wonder she’s in a mood — or, several moods.

“What’s that they say about eating food in fae lands?” she asks, a little suspiciously.

3. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...eh. This stuff isn't so bad. And you'd be accepting it from me, and I don't have a reason to try and screw you over. Rather have two hands than one in all this."

4. Katters

“That’s exactly what someone trying to screw me over would say,” Katters says, but there’s humour in her tone. More seriously, she adds: “What I didn’t hear is ‘it’s completely safe’.”

She hums thoughtfully. “But then, I suspect ‘completely safe’ will be a hard find here. And it won’t do to have either of us passing out from hunger. Fine — give me one.”

5. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Eh. This one's mostly safe, it just tastes...coppery and meaty." She dives into the brush, returning with a few fruits after a minute.

6. Katters

Meaty? Maybe it’ll agree with her after all.

“Well, look what it’s growing in,” she says, and takes a fruit. She digs a claw into it, cutting away a strip of flesh which she regards thoughtfully before tossing it into her mouth and swallowing it whole.

7. Little Red

Little Red New Member

It looks like fruit, has the texture of fruit... but tastes like strange, sweet blood and meat. The taste is just about enough to distract from the screaming.

"...I like it, anyway."

8. Katters

Katters makes a face, wrinkling her nose at the fruit. The contrast between sweet and savoury in it is unpleasant, like something about it has gone off.

“I usually prefer my meals a little quieter,” she says. She digs her thumb in until she’s found the pit, and scratches at it, investigating it. “A little more orderly,” she adds, cutting away another strip to eat.

9. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Then rip out the heart and be done with it." Red grins, stepping forwards.

The world lurches, and they're on grassy ground, pale-white and thick.

10. Katters

“In a minute,” Katters says. “I’m trying to figure out—”

She stops as the world changes, the sentence catching in her throat.

“The mechanism,” she finishes. “Where are we now?”

11. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Crossed the boundary. Must be strong."

12. Katters

“Boundary — fuck.” Katters rips the pit out of the fruit and lets it drop. “Better,” she says. “So, boundary. To the borderlands? We’re in faerie-proper, now, or something?”

13. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Nah. Just a new section of hedge, with different influences on it and probably different players in charge." She splits another fruit open with her claws and pries out the pit. "Hedge changes from place to place."

14. Katters

“Different echoes,” Katters says. “Well, it’s better than being ankle-deep in someone else’s blood, I’ll say that much.”

15. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Way fucking better. Plus less likely to attract flesheating hobs."

16. Katters

Katters carves away another bite of fruit and eats it. “So, how are you planning on getting back to Mr. McKidnapped?” she asks. “Should I be on the lookout for something?”

17. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...if I can track down the door I ran into, we'll be able to get right back in there. The problem is going to be finding the way there." Red glances at Katters.

18. Katters

“So, doors again? While we’re at it, we should look for clean water. I’d really like to actually clean your wound, especially after that river of blood thing that just happened — plus, you know. Drinking.”

She looks around, taking in the new environment.

19. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...I'll probably survive, as long as it doesn't go septic?" She smiles weakly. "I mean... I've seen some shit."

20. Katters

“Better safe than sorry,” Katters says, and finishes the fruit. She tries wiping the juice off of her hands and on to her ruined pants, with minimal success. “But you will probably be fine, yeah.”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice