The Tower In The Storm

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"I'll stick to fruit." Red grumbles.

2. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

Katters hums contemplatively. “Is that a normal sort of sound for rabbits to make?” she asks. “And the following, that seems weird, too. Mind you, I don’t know rabbits from a hole in the ground, but I’ve gotten the impression they tend to be very shy and flighty.”

3. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"....nope. Then again, for all we know the thing is sizing us up for dinner. Things aren't exactly like they are back home, Katters." Red shrugs.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The 'rabbit' chirrs again, mouth splitting into four segments as a long probiscus flopping out much like the tongue of a panting dog.

• Like x 1
  5. Katters

Surprised, Katters side-steps away from the rabbit, turning as she does to face it. Her kit is in front of her, but it’s not a shield — yet.

“In that case, I definitely wouldn’t eat it.”

6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The rabbit hops closer.

7. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"If you say so."

8. Katters

Katters sticks her tongue out at the rabbit.

9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The rabbit lolls to one side, collapsing into a pile of constituent parts.

Then it chirrs again.

10. Katters

“Well, that’s new,” Katters says. She side-steps around the rabbit, in the original direction they were heading, then continues heading that way.

11. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...you sure you aren't hungry?" Red hums.

12. Katters

“Oh, I’m plenty hungry. But I’m not hungry enough to eat that.”

13. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"If you say so. I'll probably be able to find another patch of fruit in an hour or so, if you can hold on? I mean, we have the vending machine food, but..." Red shrugs. "...you alright?"

14. Katters

15. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"If you say so. So." She is quiet for a moment. "...tell me about your friend?"

16. Katters

“Who, Zebra?” Katters looks up at Red. “‘Friend’ is a strong word.” She counts off on her fingers: “Roommate, co-worker, accomplice — something more like that. But what do you want to know?”

17. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Well... you hang out with him, right?" She shrugs. "I mean, like. Things you have in common? Or just. Conversation?"

18. Katters

“Sure, we live together.” Katters refuses to put that one in the past tense even though there are two compelling reasons why she should. “I dunno, we got similar senses of humour, tastes in fiction, stuff like that. We can shoot the shit as well as anyone.”

She considers. “Honestly, we fight more than anything else, but it’s a comfortable kind of fighting, you know? It’s like a hobby.”

19. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...yeah, that sounds nice," Red hums. "...like. Playfighting, or..?"

20. Katters

“Sometimes. Sometimes real fights, sometimes the fights are somewhere in between and neither of us really know how seriously we’re taking it.” She grins. “We’ve made a game of it, where we try to — to hurt each other, and the person who gives up first has to make dinner.”

It’s not something she usually talks about, any of it. It’s not the sort of thing that healthy, well-adjusted people get.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice