The Tower In The Storm

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Little Red

Little Red New Member

Red blinks, slowly, then grins hugely, baring all of her teeth. "That sounds fantastic! I wish I had someone like that, it sounds fun!"

2. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

“It’s great. Really blow of steam, shake off whatever’s bothering you. Unless it’s him that’s bothering you but hey, in that case you get to run his head into a wall or stab him or whatever and that feels pretty good. For you, not him, but then, he gets his hits in, too.”

3. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Fuck. Okay, colour me officially jealous," she chuckles.

4. Katters

Katters’ ears flick down. “Er,” she says, “I’m sure you’ll find someone eventually?”

5. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"...maybe if I live long enough. I don't know." Red shrugs slightly.

6. Katters

“What was all that shit about not giving up, earlier?” Katters smirks, and taps Red’s shoulder with her knuckles. “Just a lot of talk?”

7. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Pff. Not giving up isn't the same as knowing how to deal with people." She smiles back, flashing a mouthful of sharp teeth. "At least I know if I'm animal, vegetable, or mineral. That's probably a start."

8. Katters

“Well shit, who does know how to deal with people? Mostly I don’t bother.”

She looks Red up and down. “You’re bipedal,” she says, “I assume. Mammal, omnivorous or carnivorous, sentient, at least an illusion of sapience. You know, you look different — did you get a haircut?”

9. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"I dunno, mostly I assume it's an arcane magoc I don't understand!" Red smiles.

"Illusion of sapience? You wound me. Now you will nev3r learn the secret of the doors," she snarks, then pauses, a bit self-conscious again. "...you mean. The face? Well. Yes. But..."

She hesitates, shakes herself, then smiles again and drawls, jokingly. "They didn't quite get their aim right every time." She rubs one of her red scars, pointedly.

10. Katters

At least an illusion of sapience,” Katters says. “If it is an illusion, it’s a very good one.”

She does not look over at Red’s scars, doesn’t need to to know what Red’s talking about. “You know, if my barber kept missing my hair like that, I’d stop seeing them.”

11. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"I did, as soon as I managed to plant my axe in his guts," she responds cheerfully.

12. Katters

“Wow, harsh. I was going to offer you a haircut but I don’t want to know what you’d do to me if you didn’t like how it turned out.”

13. Little Red

Little Red New Member

Red laughs. "Well, he did more than that, but that's not a story for company."

14. Katters

Another ear-twitch. “Something worthy of intestinal axe insertion, I assume.”

15. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"Yes." Red nods, but doesn't offer more detail.

16. Little Red

Little Red New Member

The silence stretches as they walk, and Red doesn't seek to break it, keeping alert, ears pricked up.

Roll Perception.

17. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Katters, Red freezes stock-still as you hear the faintest call of a horn in the distance, like in some movie about nobles hunting foxes on horseback.

Red's right hand shoots out to grasp your arm, holding tight.

18. Katters

Katters’ ears stick straight up and she looks, wide eyed, over her shoulder at the sound. That is, as they say, not a good sound — not here.

She looks back to Red. She’s tense, but she waits to see what Red’s going to do before acting.

19. Little Red

Little Red New Member

"....so. Uh. I.. No matter what we do, it's dangerous. But. If we go off the path, your... your soul might get fucked up. But. If we don't..." She's tense, like a coiled spring, ready to bolt. "...if we don't, it might not matter how quickly we run. I... that sounds like the Wild Hunt."

20. Katters

“Fuck my soul,” Katters hisses. “Hide.”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice