The Toy Box

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 11, 2019.

?

Are you ever too old to play with toys?

1. No

18.8%
  2. Hell No

81.3%
  1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

oh man... or maybe just a more traditional mermaid? lookit this inspo pics. maybe i can do the sweets theme still but more... hm..... some of these give me betta feelings? what do you guys think
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I really like the sweets idea! TRICKSTER MERMAIDS.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

4. TheMockingCrows

ive been thinking on colors for peri and pearl and i think maybe something like this,...? a cone body and focus on shades of the two colors of hair split between them (pardon for quick doodle i was being messy doodly)

peripearlrepaint.png

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i love it! if you can figure out a non-perishable way to replicate the look i have seen rainbow sprinkle dipped ice cream cones before and i feel like that's an adorable way to add a slight bit of texture/interest to tie the cone and colorful hair together better maybe?
    plus rainbow scales leading into a tan body... could happen on a fish

• Informative x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

after consideration I've been doodling adding a chocolate dip top edge to the face and the top of the bust, where i could put colorful sprinkles. :o and i plan to put sprinkles on their cheeks and shoulders and chest, too.

• Winner x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

seasonally appropriate

8. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I’m only doing slight modifications on my mh dolls. Mostly because if I start repainting them I will have to repaint them all xD I’m more enhancing them than modding em for the most part :p
    My biggest project is Gil. Helmet hair is Incorrect so I am fixing it xD It is a very slow process though cuz he has no hair holes :c

349E4317-7309-4F85-909E-200A7378F8EC.jpeg 5FCB3ACB-C8A6-4517-A474-DCD1728B56CC.jpeg

And I did a bit of a paint touch up on the p&p. I haven’t recoated them yet though cuz my brain just keeps noping out on it :/
    F9E5CE4A-3A4F-4D83-A41B-663F1073330E.jpeg 824DD76C-7CAB-4152-9C70-A08D19A93259.jpeg 28DE7066-D17D-49FF-B26A-0F1BA5A63478.jpeg 3597CE92-DB72-48B2-9C7A-D96DF0ACCAAF.jpeg

• Winner x 3
  9. TheMockingCrows

10. TheMockingCrows

oh right, doll hair supplier located!

everyone knows retrodoll and dollyhair and the doll planet, but i found an australian based shop with HELLA pretty colors and fair prices. take a look :D

11. rorleuaisen

Also, the glue leak is terrible. I have given my girls so many chemical baths trying to fix their hair @-@ stained a few of em, had to give em special sun bleaching treatment. The smells were terrible.
    E4AA1E01-E7A9-473F-95BA-C97BD55D4139.jpeg

Done a little bit of clothing modding. Gil is getting a whole outfit, but I’ve only made the pants so far. I am spacing on girl’s name honey something I thing? First clothing mod. Want to fix it some day, but I like it better than her original dress.
    0444EE34-FBF8-4D6D-B4A4-CD8C51E4D57A.jpeg

42608BEC-FE77-452A-95EF-382E3C7ABE5E.jpeg
    B92420E2-BE70-4ABE-81E1-1E95D001F3B4.jpeg

• Winner x 1
  12. rorleuaisen

Huh. Been using restoredoll myself. Where I got gil’s hair and also hair for the twin cats. Haven’t gotten started on rehairing them yet xD
    A17D7700-5BC3-43A4-88CD-7B4BEFE056B2.jpeg

• Like x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

aaaaaaah honey swamp, i keep wanting to get my hands on her and the loch ness girl but Alas lmfao.

14. TheMockingCrows

• Informative x 1
  15. rorleuaisen

When I had money I bought Every doll(okay not every. There were a few that I was simply not interested in). Spent months hounding ebay til I got one of each of my desired ladies(and gents). I even coughed up a fuck ton for the limited genie and vampire couple xD

6CF016F9-1F1E-4580-A84B-72BF8A73C478.jpeg A3D6FB78-99D5-48CF-A83A-9D2FD6A28AC0.jpeg

• Winner x 2
  16. TheMockingCrows

17. TheMockingCrows

TRAGEDY STRUCK
    I CAN'T FIND MY PASTELS D:
    only the old creaky shitty ones that.... i really don't wanna use.
    fuck.
    i can't blush this doll till next month ;C; I WAS ON A ROLL....

• Witnessed x 4
  18. TheMockingCrows

teensy mori skirt i tea dyed, with the fabric i plan to make part of the top with. it came out a soft nice peachy color i like. we'll see if friend likes it too.
    update: friend that it's for likes it! i get to move ahead to making the rest now.
    sample.png

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Winner x 3
  19. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

The toy doggie for my baby niece is coming along, mostly sorta!

9173C6A2-5B33-4E77-9DE8-B80C43CA5694.jpeg

She’s 100% cotton flannel, and is practice for me, and a right-now toy for Sylvie, before I move on to the sturdy-but-can’t-be-laundered-repeatedly poly blend upholstery fabrics I’m going to use for the toy I want to make- the silver bee-pony I dreamed my niece turned into on the night she was born.

I have a pic for the fabric for that, too, hold on-

E1111A75-045E-4AB2-BD60-66DA1552CDD8.jpeg

• Winner x 3
  20. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Doggie progress! I’ve gotten to the test-stuffing stage:

upload_2019-12-21_19-50-22.jpeg

Her name is Pansy, and she is a Boston terrier.

Process elaboration and more pics in Fiber Arts.

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice