The True Crime Thread (tw: all)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by valenstyne, Oct 24, 2016.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

It's not just you.

Although he also looks like a guy I used to play D&D with that I am pretty sure was harmless, he does also look like that kind of serial killer.

In other news, I just wanted to share with you that Investigation Discovery has a new series running that is 100% about the weird shit that happens in Florida.

It's called "Truth is Stranger Than Florida" but I'm not sure that means what they are trying to get at.

• Like x 5
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I was living in the next town over to Russell Williams when he was caught. I'm on my phone so no links. I knew a guy who said, i think, that he'd had family dinners with the guy because williams knew his parents or something? And one of my facebook friends was outraged about a play thats being produced about his confession i think

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Interesting documentary about the Oklahoma bombing and right wing extremism. I think this counts as true crime?

• Like x 2
  4. Clicks

Clicks The All Consuming Dread

Maybe disbunking some weird Florida stories that have been distorted by social media sharing. Just a guess due to the punny nature of the title.

5. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Florida has a tendency toward the surreal. I blame the swamps.

• Agree x 2
  6. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

nah, the episode I saw was p much a regular murder show. I would watch the show you're describing!

• Informative x 1
  7. Wormwitch

• Informative x 2
  8. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

…I realize I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, but I watched the video in the linked article and Jesus Christ is that apartment a mess. (For some reason the wigs lying around really creep me out.)

Um. Also, great job being actual fairytale monsters, you Russian weirdos! Very modern, living in an apartment instead of the traditional cottage made of candy.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Wormwitch

• Informative x 3
  10. ZeroEsper

Huh. So at some point I was aware of this, but I forgot Japan has the death penalty.

(I saw the article about the black widow murderer linked beneath the zama killer.).

11. Wormwitch

12. Wormwitch

• Informative x 2
  13. Wormwitch

14. ZeroEsper

First, VERY irreverant thought about the third article: of course it fucking happened in Urbana.

Second thought: it seems weird that is lawyer hasn't tried to use 'not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect' plea since he is mentally ill.

15. anthers

anthers sleepy

• Informative x 1
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Yeah, I feel like, given that they've diagnosed this kid, they probably actually should be using that plea? I think this is a case where it actually has merit, which is rare.

• Agree x 4
  17. ZeroEsper

They can still change it, but I wonder why they didn't start off with it?

• Agree x 2
  18. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Man fuck all those dudes that feel entitled to killing women over arbitrary Shit

• Agree x 5
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

My grandma FUCKING LOVES these and like

I like seeing how the police work on a case

but the framing is shit (the perfect family shit), the reenactments are shit, and I've never not wanted to strangle the narrator.

Back before Court.TV changed its name to whatever it is now it used to show actual court cases (I don't know what kind; I watched a lot of those during my 'can't process anything so stare at the TV and make it look intentional' periods) and true crime shows that focused on the forensics. Those were less awful because they were pretty much aimed at huge nerds, so I liked those.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  20. Wormwitch

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice