The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

So how do you even make friends in this game? I've got like 4 people at one heart and no idea how that happened.

I've also gone almost entirely broke. I had like 4k at the start of my first summer and spent it all on seeds. There are so many growing things.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Talk to people, give them shit, fulfill their requests what that they post on the board and mail you about sometimes. Fulfilling a request seems to pretty consistently bump a dude up a heart on the lower levels, but you can lose those real easy if you fail to chit chat with them. I got three hearts with Maru and Linus and Robin with just talking to them on occasion, so if you're willing to play the long game you can prolly score a mate/several besties without giving them anything.

3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Okay, so, completed the fishing bundle thingy, but I think I accidentally skipped the cutscene. So I have no idea what the glittering boulder is or what happens after it's gone. Anyone got a clue? The wiki isn't helping.

4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Nevermind, there were like two more cutscenes that explained it.

5. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I've been thinking about getting this. I'm guessing you all think it's worth it? :P
    (Is there a point in getting it Now or is this one of those games where you might as well hold out for a sale?)

((I've never played Harvest Moon, and that's what everyone's comparing it to, so I don't really know what to expect.))

6. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

It's not a bad idea to wait for a sale if you don't have a musthaveitNOW urge. It's still being updated with patches (the game is complete and perfectly playable, but the dev is still bugfixing before he moves on to quality of life tweaks and new features, like multiplayer), and of course a lot of FAQs and the wiki are very incomplete because the game is so new.

7. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Update: it is Year 3, the farming is getting a little tedious (really need to minedive for more materials to make autosprinklers) and I have finally decided to make Maru my waifu. I will ask her to dance at the Flower Dance and then offer her the Romance Bouquet the day after that.

• Like x 2
  8. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

ahhhhh yayyyy i'm so glad there's a thread for this already. i've been playing this game (almost worryingly) obsessively for the past few days. it's so addictive holy shit

and for once i actually feel like doing fanart?? i don't know who/what of specifically tho.......

• Like x 1
  9. Mercury

A little tip that I was completely unaware of and then bit me on the ass: YOU HAVE TO WATER YOUR FRUIT TREE SAPLINGS. Otherwise they won't grow, despite being trees, and despite all other trees growing without intervention. I still feel so dumb...

• Like x 3
  10. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

pray for me, it isn't out for macs yet ;-;

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

??? Mine have been growing just fine. It's rained a few times since I planted them, but not often, and they're just about done growing.

12. Mercury

Man, idek. /o\ I had an apple tree that would NOT grow (and I made sure all tiles around it were clear) - I planted it on summer 1 and by fall 2 it hadn't changed state at all, despite lots of rainfall. Someone told me they have to be watered, so I watered it and then it changed state after a couple of days. Hasn't changed since then, though. Maybe I have a buggy tree? :/

13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

:mystery:

• Like x 1
  14. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

Speaking of apple trees, yesterday I realized that I chopped one of the two I had while clearing space for a patch of Summer Seeds. ;-;

Also, protip: Turns out you can un-till soil using a pickaxe!

15. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

That's so weird my fruit trees are growing just fine without any intervention by me.

Also I married Maru last night and my wife is best wife.

16. Mercury

Yeah, it looks like my tree is just bugged. Damn it. I hope the spring fruit trees I plan to plant don't do the same thing. 8|

17. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

also i got this game on thursday and I've already clocked in about 57 hours.

I have a problem.

• Like x 2
  18. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

same @Void lmfao IT'S SO EASY TO RACK UP HOURS

also: does anyone know if spouses get jealous of you giving gifts to other ppl once you're married? i'm putting off marrying elliott cos i read that somewhere but now i'm unsure....

• Like x 1
  19. Mercury

I almost have Elliot at 8 hearts even though I stopped trying to get his heart level up any more 3 hearts ago. I love this silly fabulous writerman too much for my own good.

• Like x 1
  20. dorkfang

dorkfang not here

So I bought my first cow, and this was the name that was suggested...
    [​IMG]
    No, Marnie, I... Don't think that's what I want to name her.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice