The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Does leveling up fishing make the minigame more responsive? Cause I'm at level nine and I've noticed shit getting a lot easier to control.

2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Oh yeah, it's definitely easier the more you level up.

• Like x 1
  3. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like x 3
  4. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

oh heavens, good, i was concerned about what i've heard of the fishing. (you mean i can't just mash a? how will i live)

also, anyone know when he'll be able to make it so the game is mac compatible without mucking around with your computer and emulators and making human sacrifices and such? i can't do another sacrifice for a few weeks, they'll start suspecting something.

-sigh- small towns are such a pain

5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

The learning curve on fishing is viciously steep. After trying it with the mod, I can see what it's supposed to be like - which is pretty fun! I can see why people like it. But it's so punishingly difficult at the beginning that it's out of reach for some of us.

It's probably going to be a while, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen eventually - the game has sold extraordinarily well.

• Like x 2
  6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Ironically I hear a lot of people complain about the fishing game, but after I figured out how you were supposed to play it, I have had little difficulty in leveling up in it. I really enjoy playing the fishing minigame haha, I won the winter ice fishing competition and racked up the points at the one fair with the fishing game LOL

• Like x 2
  7. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG]

You best not be making fun of Marnie. I'll feed you to my chickens! >:(

• Like x 4
  8. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

I love the fishing minigame because I learnt how to do it in Breath of Fire 3, which was both stupid and amazing with its fishing game. I love that kind of shit. Also I'm not sure it's a case of the bar getting more responsive as you level up, but the bar DOES get longer the higher level you are. Highly recommend Trap Bobber + Dish O' The Sea if you intend to catch anything above difficulty 85 or so, though. Octopi are my sworn enemy >:(

• Like x 1
  9. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Welp, gave up and looked up the last two fish and last two recipes I'm missing.

10. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Finished a whole bundle tree!

[​IMG]

SO MANY APPLE FRIENDS

[​IMG]

omg they are helping me fix the community center, i'm cry :')

[​IMG]

THIS ONE FOLLOWS ME AROUND, AAA

• Like x 6
  11. Mercury

The Junimos are so adorable ;_;

Speaking of adorable, I got Elliot's 10 heart scene today and OMG. (Anyone want I should post it under a spoiler?)

• Like x 3
  12. Mercury

Ok, there were 18 freaking images so I just went ahead and made an album. Spoilers for Elliot's 10 heart event, obviously, as well as his 8 heart event by association. I also forgot to fully explain the screencap I had to put a note on - it really does just jump from the previous one to that. Somehow, the boat fails to capsize! XD and it's probably obvious what choice I chose when I had a choice to make.

• Like x 3
  13. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

oh noooooooo it's so cute I'M GONNA DIE

• Like x 1
  14. Mercury

Elliot is a total cinnamon roll and now I want to write lewd fanfic of him.

is that weird

15. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I'm already considering drawing l00d art of Harvey sooooo

probably

16. Mercury

*sets up a "Questionable Stardew Valley Fanworks" blanket fort and invites everyone inside*

• Like x 1
  17. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Apropos of nothing, I really love the ":3" emote the townspeople give you when they're happy.

• Like x 3
  18. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Linus: Oh hi! :3 Nice to see you. Sorry for not trusting you before. Anyway, come into my tent. I want to show you something.
    My farmer: /follows into tent
    From inside the tent: *squish...squish squish...squish squish squish squishsquishsquish SPLAT*

Me: ...D:

• Like x 2
  19. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

oh my god, I'm squealing like a little girl over Harvey's 10 heart scene, PRECIOUS NERD

20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

!!! You get events for people who aren't marriageable? Huh!

I might be really bad at making friends. But! I have most of the community center fixed up! And got to the bottom of the mines before the end of year 1! And really isn't that what idyllic farm life is all about?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice