The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

The recent discussion on fanfic gripes about how Shane is always paired off with Perky Perky Sunshine Farmers really struck me because I do agree with it on some level. It's irritating to see that dynamic play out repeatedly, in the same way, and Shane would have an easier time if the farmer was also depressed or recovering from depression as they're going about their farm work and reaching out to him.

Plus, I feel like the Perky Sunshine Farmer concept works hilariously well when paired with Haley.

She's such an utter brat at first, so having someone who's just unwavering cheerful and happy to see her, despite her trying to ignore them or point out how gross their grass stains are, would probably throw her off balance. And realizing that it's genuine, between helping her find her grandma's bracelet on the beach and the time they got photos at Marnie's farm of the horses, would be something... Kind of oddly gratifying to her? It works well with her trying to be just less mean, less of her trying to impress the farmer and more getting the idea of "well, if Farmer Jane can be cheerful after plowing an entire farm of cabbages and dealing with sixteen pigs, I can try to be a little happier today while I try to look for places to get good photos."

Also, additional bonus: when she realizes, as she watches Emily interact with the farmer after they're dating and seeing how they just bounce off each other with exuberance over small things and have so much excitement over just being alive, just suddenly going pale, picking up one of the couch cushions, taking it to her darkroom and screaming herself silly because she realizes she has fallen in love with someone who is exactly like her annoying sister, what on Yoba's green earth.

• Like x 14
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

That's beautiful.

• Like x 3
  3. meowtini on the rocks

meowtini on the rocks Active Member

Hey, speaking of Shane, I can't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else, but does anyone know of a mod to get rid of/replace the kegs in his part of the house if you marry him?

4. Mercury

There's a few - Spouse Rooms Redesigned gives them all a tweak to make them more room-like, while Clean Shane's Room only changes Shane's. There's Another Shane's Room mod as well, it has some different choices of what elements are kept and what removed, while still cleaning away the mess.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Like x 2
  5. meowtini on the rocks

Thank you so much! I found the Clean Shane's Room one but I couldn't really find any others.

• Like x 1
  6. meowtini on the rocks

Also: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I JUST FISHED UP A DINOSAUR EGG????

Yeah no fuck you Gunther that's mine.

• Like x 4
  7. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

Put it in the hatchery! You get a baby dinosaur that lays more Dino eggs so you can complete the museum AND make 500 extra dollars every week or so!

• Like x 3
  8. Mercury

Making a new building set! /o/

witchyhousemaybe.jpg
    This is the fully upgraded and repaired version. First upgrade has the side extension only and a round window where the fancy long one is. I'll also add some interesting damage and weathering, and the seasonal version will have flowering vines

I still need to come up with a color scheme, figure out what I want to do with the porch, and figure out if I want to do anything special with the greenhouse. I also intend on making at least a shed to match; for anything I don't make I'm personally going to be using the farm buildings from this set.

• Like x 8
  9. meowtini on the rocks

Oh yeah no it's going in the incubator as soon as I can upgrade to the Big Coop. Right now it's chilling in one of my chests tho lol. I figure it's been buried in a river for a few million years, another couple weeks in a chest isn't gonna hurt it XD

• Like x 5
  10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

So I've been playing this lately...super late on the bandwagon I know. But I've decided to start a new modded game and...

Untitled.png

This isn't as bad as when I try to mod Bethesda games so feel free to suggest some good mods

• Like x 4
  11. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Untitled3.png

Time to play "What Did I Fuck Up?"!

• Like x 2
  12. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I just discovered upload.farm, so here is my pride and joy
    http://upload.farm/1CMoG0
    Three years on and I still live in the woods. All of my animals are named after Transformers, except for the cat. I still need two blue chickens for Soundwave and Thundercracker.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like x 7
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Your farm is so pretty.

• Like x 1
  14. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  15. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

recently i started playing again
    here's my farm so far!
    [​IMG]

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
  16. Technicality

17. garden

garden lucid dreamer

to elaborate on that - multiplayer is in beta now! instructions here

18. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Yes, multiplayer. Now i just need people to play with.

19. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

HATS FOR HORSES! HATS! FOR! HORSES!

• Agree x 6
  20. Technicality

If anyone wants to play some Stardew with me, I'd love to!
    Also yes horsehats

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice