The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

we should plan multiplayer friend farms because my mom sucks at planning

i can fish

hit me up with your steam name if you're interested and ok with candy-colored-hair characters

i'm either lilysash97 or briewilm, lemme check

edit: its briewilm

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

is anyone else REALLY bothered that you can hear everytime your buddy milks something or cuts hay? fucks up my concentration. also footsteps are Loud.
    but thats just a nitpick. and I'm too lazy to change my sound controls over it.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

its really annoying, and i shut it off. but i feel like it might be changed since this is just a beta after all

at least i fuckin hope so

• Agree x 2
  4. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Make sure to put in a report about it if you haven't already!

5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Hey I just got this game! I’m going in pretty much blind, so does anyone have any beginner tips?

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

don't feel like you gotta do everything all at once! it's a big game, if you try and introduce yourself to Everyone and do All The Things it can get overwhelming real fast

the biggest less-obvious thing i can think of is that crops which cost more also sell for more, so when you can afford them they're a good investment!! when you can make fertiliser, it's also totally worth putting that down to get better-quality crops. saving copper and iron bars for sprinklers is a fantastic time-saving idea too; once you've got the sprinklers, you don't need to worry about watering your crops every day.

and, most importantly: Make That Scarecrow, which means saving your bits of coal instead of selling them like i did when i was a babby stardew

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  7. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

there's a moving shop that you can find that is open every friday and sunday. it's really helpful to find rare items (sometimes) that you might need, as well as regular ones you might just not have the time to find. it can be expensive, but helpful

• Informative x 2
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

It’s day 9 of summer and I just harvested my second crop of peppers! I ended spring with about 7k gold and spent basically all of it on seeds, so as soon as everything else starts producing I should get enough money for a coop and backpack upgrade. I feel like I’m doing good? It’s really fun playing blind, I usually only play games after watching a lot of vids or streams.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
  9. kleric

kleric Member

HOW did the pigs leave truffles in the closed off area if they can't get there

what the HECK

[​IMG]

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Teleporktation

• Winner x 12
    • Agree x 2
  11. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

For the love of God, Hamressor!

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Help I can’t decide who to romance

Kind of want to marry Shane, kind of want to keep pretending to be his moirail (I am very proud of him and his blue hens and his sparkling water). Kind of want to date Abigail or sebastian or Maru but they seem kind of young for my character

Who did you guys marry and how did it work out? Also does anyone know if there’s a mod to get rid of jealousy because I want to be able to keep giving people presents if I get married

Edit: who did you marry your first time playing, i guess, since it seems like everyone here has played many games

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  13. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I haven't played for quite a long time (waiting for the next update to start a new game), but in my first and most thorough playthrough I married Elliot. He is an adorable eccentric and very sweet, 10/10, would romance again.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Agreed, love artsy beach nerd and have trouble passing him up on repeated games.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

elliott is best boy. beautiful writer boy with lovely long hair. <3

• Like x 1
  16. versi2

versi2 ???????

...sam

he's nice. he skateboards. most importantly, he can be romanced entirely with joja cola

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

First time around I went with Penny! Then Maru, and now currently working on Emily... I think Maru was the most adorable romance so far, but Emily is definitely eccentric XD

• Like x 1
  18. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

I romanced Shane first and have no regrets (except that his personal room in your house still has beer in it :I ) but I'm also a huge fan of Elliot :B

• Like x 1
  19. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Knew I saw this around here somewhere. I’m definitely using one of these if I ever romance Shane, because...the muddy footprints and spilled beer are a little much :P

• Agree x 1
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I wanna romance the girl who eats quartz, if I ever end up buying the game

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice