The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

oh and also! for speedrunning greenhouse acquisition-fruit bat cave! the fruit you get from it sometimes is of kinds that the junimos for some reason consider artisan goods!

• Agree x 2
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

it probably helped that Irdel has ridiculous luck and found an ancient seed on day 4, too

• Winner x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

more on Irdel's ridiculous luck: the first thing she got from the quarry was a prismatic shard and some iridium

so...she has a galaxy sword now

• Winner x 3
  4. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Omg hax

• Agree x 2
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Irdel's luck is insane

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

...does anyone know of a mod that lets you like
    hire Shane post-joja closing, as a farmhand, to help harvesting crops??

not, like, "he just instantly harvests everything" more "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 50x50 greenhouse is A Lot Bigger Than Expected i will be Perpetually Behind On Harvesting soon"

• Agree x 1
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

sadly not, but theres a greenhouse junimo mod

(and a modded autograbber that works for everything, but you mentioned not wanting instantly harvests everything)

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

(i wound up getting the modded autograbber and turned off most of the config options so that at least i don't have to manually gather eggs)
    (will consider greenhouse junimos cause that sounds adorable)

9. winterykite

eheheheheh xxD

i have autograbber set to grab everything but forage, because i automate my life so i have more time for playing

10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

heck greenhut isn't updated for multiplayer use :( it works on stardew 1.3 but the author does state that it is probably not compatible with multiplayer mode

11. winterykite

12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

So apparently
    1. Stardew multiplayer will work even if the players involved have quite different mod lists, not even matching up on what areas are present in the game, but
    2. It will not work very well. Lag. So much lag. So many SMAPI error messages. The chickens were teleporting and sliding around like they were being pulled very fast on strings. We were rubberbanding. At one point I was randomly disconnected. The host was getting like 12 FPS. Mistakes were made and we should've checked our mod lists first

• Witnessed x 4
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

20190218165544_1.jpg

not pictured: a very normal kitchen

also that drum block was placed there by mistake and it actually is supposed to go by the door to irdel's room

but, yeah

normal kitchen
    slightly odd living room

and then the bedroom has a bronze gears mirror floor, a bear shrine, a random chair facing the wall, a model ship just chilling on the floor, a skeleton, and the wallpaper is minecraft dirt

irdel, your magpie heritage is showing

• Winner x 1
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

it's like

the kitchen is normal
    there's a lot of preserves jars but that's the weirdest thing. there is a large landscape painting high up on the wall

the living room is mostly normal, maze prize displayed on the table, some art, some houseplants, fancy fireplace, the chicken statue and giant geode are slightly odd but not very, the oddest thing by far is the owl mimicing scarecrow which is being an owl statue

and then

the bedroom has a bare metal floor made of bronze that has a repeating gear pattern. there is a decorated model ship in the middle of the floor, alongside a fancy chair and a giant obsidian-and-gold vase that's almost as tall as a person. against the wall there is a model skeleton. in one corner there is a giant probably-magic crystal that makes music when you tap it. that dresser is almost certainly just covered in whatever random pretty garbage irdel has found, so like, little shiny bits of broken CDs and small pretty rocks and stuff. the walls are plastered with things ranging from portraits of mermaids to 1k+ dollar fancy paintings from famous artists. there is a bizarre bear shrine thing involving a giant novelty bear...seat?? beanbag?? thing?? and a massive wooden bear statue that barely fits inside. there is an almost-certainly-magic drum set just...in the corner by the door. and the wallpaper is minecraft dirt.

also due to dialogue choices that bookshelf has lots of comic books, mostly really bad ones that Irdel genuinely believes are intentional comedy pieces. and there is a lyre somewhere. probably in irdel's room stored against the bottom wall.

15. TheSeer

• Quest says get to level 100 in the skull caverns
    • wtf
    • okay
    • Load up on bombs, food, stone
    • Wait for a high luck day
    • Get on the bus as soon as Pam arrives
    • Go through the caves just bombing and eating and not giving a shit like Bakugou Katsuki with the munchies
    • Still not fast enough
    • Start finding more holes lower down
    • 11:40 pm, level 92
    • Find a hole
    • Jump in
    • "You fell 15 levels"
    • Stare at the perfectly ordinary level 107
    • "Quit to title"

• Witnessed x 3
  16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

• Useful x 1
  17. TheSeer

I generally don't consider mods to be cheating, but that would be cheating.

Edit: I got it. Though on level 99 there was a hole directly adjacent to the starting position, just in case I wasn't aware that the game was fucking with me intentionally.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. winterykite

Screenshot (223).png
    Abby, I love you. Let's murder some monsters together. <3

• Winner x 1
  19. winterykite

[​IMG]
    farmhouse interior, finally shelled out for the catalogues.
    please imagine the library having more space. not sure what to put in the last room, yet. maybe move the library there and put a dining room in?

• Winner x 3
  20. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Buying a laptop to celebrate both tax-returnmas and all the extra hours caused by people spending their return on shamrock shakes at mcd's...

So I'm looking forward to playing stardew again, maybe with mods since for the first time in years I WON'T BE USING AN APPLE

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice