The Valley of Stars and Dew

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Meagen Image, Mar 6, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

ok. i can pretty easily patch the perfumer mod and the lemonade mod for jsonassets (there's a quick and dirty method that results in autogenerated items without custom icon or description, or i let a script run over an array/hash that generates the object code from that array/hash)

the swizzy meads mod is gonna be more difficult. just downloaded visual studio to deal with the dll, tomorrow it's time to teach myself c++ by immersion.

• Winner x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

quoting myself from the minecraft thread because SDV fans might be interested in this modpack if they also minecraft. ever wanted to play SDV in 3d? well now you still can't, but you can play this, and it's kind of neat in a SDV-ish way. :D

• Like x 1
  3. winterykite

Yo, I'm planning on a mod that will add about 80 flowers to the game so I can properly play my horticulturist, and I'm taking flower tree suggestions.

Wisteria already exists from the populate ja crops collection, and there deffo will be witch hazel, magnolia, and lilac. Maybe a japanese flowering cherry?

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  4. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Dogwood. Goldenrod? Rhododendron. Bougainvillia.

5. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Philadelphus virginal, physalis, and viburnum (I know physalis isn't usually grown for it's flowers, but the calyx is used decoratively in flower arrangemrnts and honestly they're so damn pretty.)

6. jacktrash

pussy willow! if you want to add difficulty, you have to cut these before they bloom fully, or they won't make good dried arrangements.

• Like x 1
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

manuka or pohutukawa, perhaps? manuka could be like, honey-making mostly, its got many little flowers but manuka honey is really good

and pohutukawa has these really nice-looking red blooms

8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i think you mentioned you already have witch hazel? Magnolias are very pretty, lemon and orange blossoms are very nice, quinces are quite beautiful, and also have fruits, but they're technically more bushes than trees

9. jacktrash

catalpa aka popcorn tree has charming flowers and smells good, but you can't actually harvest the flowers irl, they fall off at the first good gust of wind.

linden aka basswood has tiny green flowers that don't look like anything, but they smell amazing and make wonderful honey.

• Agree x 1
  10. winterykite

ooh yes, dogwood is nice. goldenrod looks a bit too shrubbery. rhododendron also looks interesting. bougainvillia looks AWESOME.

the philadelphus / jasmine looks nice, good call. gonna put that one into the herbalist mod as well. i like the fruit stage of the physalis too much, i think, though. but gonna add said fruit stage. viburnum would be a challenge, but i'll see what i can do/what i need.

i originally didnt want to have too many similar species to the project populate ja modpack, but pussy willow wins simply by being something i can finagle as winter blooming, and theyre nostalgic. sadly, the sdv code does not allow for early harvest stuff.

the manuka looks really similar to the cherry unless i handle it as a flower and not a tree, and the sdv code does not allow for harvesting honey from trees.
    i do, however, absolutely and definitely need the pohutukawa.

mentioned witch hazel and magnolia, yes ::D theres already lemon and orange trees -- i can't really talk about the fruit tree vs flower tree discrepancy considering i plan to not only add decorative cherry but also autumn cherry because the flowers look so damn awesome. i'll see what i can do.

the catalpa flowers are pretty, but the point of this was getting some flowers to harvest xxD and to make stuff from.
    the basswood look really adorable, but, again, sdv code limitations.

other trees ive considered:
    - chocolate mimosa
    - autumn cherry
    - crape myrtle
    - thundercloud plum
    - weeping cherry
    - jacaranda
    - hawthorn
    - golden chain
    - oleander
    - red bird of paradise

that's... a good amount of trees, lol. now to suss out which belong in which season "_"

• Like x 4
  11. winterykite

also thanks yall ::33

12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

pohutukawa is a summer tree!

13. winterykite

In the meantime the crop calculator spreadsheet has gained a few more mods to it. Had to expand the harvest calculator because of a mod that added yet another growing period.
    Also because certain crop mods interfered with each other, I put them onto my first savefile.

I might be regretting my decision to not give Thelamuir the Secret Gardens Greenhouse -- with all the new continuous and trellis crops, I needed to take down my previous setup (from 8-9 down to 4 per crop)... And, of course, I had to take down a few trees. RIP Iridium quality fruit...

One of the mods on the Thelaruin savefile is causing framerate issues. I'd thought it'd be JSONAssets, but considering I don't have that issue on Thelamuir, it's not. I do hope it's not the custom machines I've got stored away in a chest (those cause framerate issues if you have too many running, but sometimes they also bug out in chests. Also items glitching out. That might've gotten fixed with the new JSONAssets? Need to try again...)
    (Also, I actually have less machines running on Thelaruin than on Thelamuir, mostly because of a 2 year time difference, and because there isn't as much space to place a shed on the Whitewater farm the way I set it up. I might need to modify that map a little bit...
    And the Quality Goods mod keeps not working, even with an automate bridge patch. ...On the other hand, I might need to test that on Thelamuir, because there might be interference with the CFAutomate patch...

14. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I tried to download smapi and I i fucked up.. :/

• Witnessed x 3
  15. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i bought stardew for my ipad. is it possible to put mods on this version? i am very bad at computers. but i want to marry linus.

• Agree x 1
  16. winterykite

smapi (the base mod that most other mods use because it makes modding ever so much easier) is mac compatible, so it's very likely.

17. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be downloading or unzipping it properly. Anyone know a good tutorial...preferably not video. I mean it CAN be video but it's not my fave

18. jacktrash

it exists for ipad??? magic

19. winterykite

there's this here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Installing_SMAPI_on_Windows

also, from where do you download smapi? in doubt and if you haven't already, smapi.io

eta: if you have discord, im willing to do troubleshooting via call/screenshare

20. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i appreciate the offer but i wouldn't want to do calls or screenshares, for personal brain reasons. i took a stab at installing it on ipad, but right now it looks like ipads are meant to be very limited and uncustomizeable that i will have to install a bunch of extra shit just to be able to get smapi to run-- i had to download an app just to be able to unzip a file, and the fucking thing has pop up ads-- so i'll take another shot at it over the weekend when im not so tired and easily irritated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice