The Wheel Turns

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

"...eh. I needed to get a better roof anyway." Even shrugs.

2. Arie Kluss

Arie Kluss from here on out I wear this face for both of us

Arie reddens again, this time trying to cover by starting to relieve Legion of some of those clothing items. She grabs the first jacket her fingers reach and thrusts it at Nul, then grabs some sweatpants that, if she pulls the drawstring really tight, might not actually fall off of her.

3. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion tugs Even over, mumbling at him, and Nul and Arie catch 'so, wait. what;s this memory thing? Why can you remember something I can't?' as a key topic of conversation.

4. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul starts to pull the jacket on, but stops when he hears what the others are saying.

"I'm pretty sure you two are the people Mutt won't shut up about," he says awkwardly.

5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion and Even both look at Nul, speaking in an eerie unison. "...what?"

6. Nul

"Uh." It's too late now to not say anything. "Legion and Even. The people who took them in back wherever we were. I think I met you, too, but I don't think it was for very long."

7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The two look at each other, then Nul. "....really?"

8. Nul

"That's what Mutt said."

9. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion crosses her arms. "....this is ridiculous. H o w can everyone remember so many things?" She shakes her head, stomping over to pull on her boots.

10. Even

"Because that's how things work, Lee." Even pinches the bridge of his nose. "...anyway, which direction are you from?"

11. Arie Kluss

Arie... isn't actually at all sure of that; mindless panic isn't great for keeping your bearings. She looks up at the roughly patched hole, which doesn't present much in the way of clues. Then she looks around, trying to work out which direction she was facing when she fell, but the memory of that moment is all of the terror and the sickening drop and not of any visual details.

Arie shrinks down into the hooded coat she just donned. She's the only one who remembers having lived around here her whole life and she still can't figure out which way home is. Stupid. Useless.

12. Nul

"There's probably still footprints," Nul points out. "We could try and follow those."

13. Even

"...how about a street name?" Even smiles slightly, glancing at Legion, who blinks, then nods.

14. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"...yeah. If you know the streets, I've got this town pretty well-mapped..." Legion shoves her hands into her pockets. "...been something to do."

15. Arie Kluss

"Oh. It's Riverdale," says Arie, slightly muffled by the hood. (Also by the fact she's mumbling a little, just as embarrassed as before.)

She grabs the thickest-looking socks she can see and starts putting those on. It makes a great excuse not to look anyone in the eye.

16. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion pulls on a ratty, light coat and boots. "Cool."

17. Even

"...Lee, don't bring the rifle."

18. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"...what if there's a rabbit, or something we can eat?"

19. Even

"...we don't need more. We're fine." Even smirks.

20. Nul

Nul finishes messing with the boots he's wearing and stands up. "Let's just go."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice