The Wheel Turns

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Arie Kluss

Arie Kluss from here on out I wear this face for both of us

It's a few more moments before Arie can get up to join them- she had to add another pair of socks before the remaining pair of boots actually seemed walkable. But as soon as she's done, she moves toward the door, anxious to get home quickly.

2. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion piles snow in front of the house, hiding it, before starting to lead the way through the woods. She's... not dressed for the cold.

She also doesn't seem to notice it much.

3. Arie Kluss

The boots are walkable, but they're not comfortable. Maybe they would be if her toes weren't still so raw. But Arie's not going to complain when it's her own fault anyway, she just shuffles awkwardly after the others.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

It takes about a half-hour of walking, with Legion and Even minding the slower steps of Nul and Arie, to return to their house.

The door is still half-open, unless Mutt had the presence of mind to close it.

5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt has given Ethan one of their smaller knives, and has been trying to teach him how to use it.

6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ethan is not sure this is a good idea, but mom and dad are encouraging him, so he's awkwardly trying to mimic Mutt's stance.

7. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul pushes the door open and looks inside. "Mutt? ...Ethan? Are you guys doing okay?"

8. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt nods. "I'm okay now. I'm teaching Ethan how to kill bad people."

9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"...but... I... I don't want to kill anybody," Ethan's voice wavers.

Their parents smile, all the same, speak in those eerie, synced voices. "Aren't you enjoying bonding with your sibling?"

"I...I. M..maybe?" Ethan looks at Nul, nervous and uncertain.

10. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul glances at Arie. "You don't have to kill anyone," he tells Ethan carefully.

11. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The look of relief on the little boy's face is clear.

12. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Then the door is pushed open further behind Nul.

13. Arie Kluss

Arie is paper-white, but however awful everything is- and however much the bottle flutters against her chest- the need to flee doesn't come back. Maybe she's just too tired and sore to contain it.

"Come here, Ethan," she whispers.

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ethan scurries over into her arms, knife dropped immediately, as he throws his arms around Arie's face, shaking with relief at her return.

15. Arie Kluss

Arie's shaking too, and burying her face in her familiar brother's shoulder. She can't look at the others right now, especially not Mom and Dad. Was this just fine with them?

...she's not going to let go for a while.

16. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

Even stops on the porch, watching Arie uncertainly.

Something feels very off about all of this.

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt looks up and their face breaks into a grin. "Legion!" They run over and throw their arms around her. "I missed you," they tell her as they start to tear up. "I missed you so much."

18. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion blinks, slowly, startled, but settles her hands cautiously onto Mutt's shoulders. "M...utt?" She asks hesitantly.

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Mhm! It's me!" They squeeze her tighter. "I was so scared I wouldn't see you again, or Even - where's Even? Why isn't he -" They gesture at the hole in Legion's chest.

20. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

"...am I insane, or is there something wrong with this picture?" Even carefully touches Arie's shoulder. "...is this normal?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice