The Wheel Turns

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

There's a loud, resounding clap as air rushes in to fill the void where Mr. and Mrs. Kluss stood moments before.

Then there's a thunk as Even drops the fish, expression horrified, starting to shake as he stares at the empty space in front of him. "Holy shit-"

2. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion is holding the gun in her hands in a death-grip, staring at Even, face going pale.

• Like x 1
  3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt makes a small noise and their hand goes to their knife as shock spreads over their face. "Even, what - what did you do?" They turn to face him, knife clutched in their fist. "You - you -"

4. Arie Kluss

Arie Kluss from here on out I wear this face for both of us

Arie's barely through the doorway when they. just. Vanish.

For a moment it's almost a relief that it wasn't really them being so horrible, but- if they're not here, then where are they? And that thought has her backing up until she's against the doorjamb, hand over her mouth like that'll stop her from wanting to scream.

5. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

"....they weren't even fetches," Even rasps. "They weren't even. They weren't even people?" His voice pitches up at the end, horror painting his features.

6. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I wanted to see my mom and dad again! Where are they? I want to see them!" Mutt is already in tears.

7. Even

"Mutt," Even whispers hoarsely. "...those weren't your parents. Those.... those were cheap illusions."

He steps away from the fish. From the empty space. From the letter with his name written in a messy but elegant hand. "....they didn't even have souls. I. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I don't know where they are-"

• Like x 1
  8. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"No!" They're not even sure what they're specifically objecting to; everything is going wrong. "No, we have to find them!"

9. Even

Even's expression is crumpling, smoke pouring off him in waves - Arie, it looks like he's glitching, like there's something wrong with him, like he's suddenly less than solid.

He holds his hands up, moving towards Mutt. "I. I don't know where to look. Mutt. Mutt, those weren't your parents, they weren't even people. I. They were glamour."

He shudders. "...whoever did this to you didn't care enough to even give you proper fakes, just. Just illusions. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry-"

He reaches for Mutt's shoulders.

10. Arie Kluss

Arie bites her lip behind her hand, just short of hard enough to bleed. She was only trying to keep herself from screaming, but the pain, she finds, drives out some of the panic. She can focus a little.

"...what do we do until we find them?!" she finds herself asking. The prospect of their not being found is not one she's going to admit as a possibility right now, but the prospect of it taking a while is inevitable. She can't just take over for them, there are so many things she doesn't know how to do yet.

And what are they going to do, file a missing persons report? Yeah, I can't be sure how long they've been missing, I didn't think to poke them with an iron fish until today, but I think the fairies took them away when I gave them half of my brother. No one is going to make anything of that but a psychotic break. And oh god what is she going to tell Ethan?

• Like x 1
  11. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion adjusts her grip on her gun and steps forwards, slowly, straightening up and shifting how she's carrying herself, stride growing confident as she walks forwards. One foot moves forwards, to rest on the envelope abandoned on the floor, pulls it towards her.

She leans down, picking it up and checking it over, gun held loose to her side.

12. Even

"Hold on. Just. Hold on. Let me think. There has to be a solution." Even's form shudders again, and this time even Arie can see the smoke leaking out from his human form.

13. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt clings to Even, no longer able to form coherent words.

14. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul says nothing, but stands to the side with a pained look on his face. He's fairly sure that, on some level, this is his fault. He shouldn't be here.

15. Arie Kluss

Some numbed, inane part of Arie's mind hopes Even doesn't set off the smoke detector.

• Like x 3
  16. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"I'm opening your mail," Legion drawls offhandedly, posture loose, confident, almost bored as she rips the envelope open.

Then she blinks, pulling out a handful of documents that she drops to the floor as she stares at what seem to be a pair of licenses."...Even?" She asks quietly. "Do we have last names?"

17. Even

"...no, we didn't spontaneously gain last names in the last five hours, Lee." Even snaps, hugging Mutt closer.

• Like x 1
  18. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"...uh. I think... we just did," Legion says quietly.

• Like x 2
  19. Arie Kluss

Wait, does that mean what it sounds like it means? Arie goes over to peek over Legion's shoulder.

...it would mean they don't need her anymore. Even though it looks now like they'd still stay, if only for Mutt, the thought makes her anxious. She was almost useful there for a little while.

20. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The IDs name them Legion Kluss and Even Kluss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice