The Wheel Turns

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Yes, that one! Home! They run ahead of Nul, not waiting for him to follow, and knock excitedly at the door.

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Arie perks up.

....maybe... Maybe Mica is home?

She glances at her parents, her brother, and quickly stands, striding to the front door, swallowing hard, and opening it, worry in her eyes.

• Like x 1
  3. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul catches up to Mutt as the door is opening. "Mutt, what are you -"

4. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt grins at the girl who opens the door. They want to say something to her, tell her that they're home now, but the words catch in their throat.

5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The girl stares down in confusion, they're... short, small, and just... Her eyes move to Nul. "....Mica?"

• Like x 1
  6. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt's face falls.

7. Nul

"I think I used to be?" Nul offers. "But I'm not anymore."

• Like x 1
  8. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She looks between Mutt and Not-Mica, her expression crumpling. "U...used to? I... oh. oh god." She grabs at Nul. "What happened-"

9. Nul

Nul tenses up when she grabs him. "I'm - I'm not sure! I wasn't me then!" They gesture at Mutt. "They said they cut up Mica's wings and then I wasn't Mica and then they took me to some people who taught me poker - I don't know! I'm new!"

• Like x 1
  10. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I went into the woods and didn't come back," Mutt says quietly. "Mica did. But then he didn't."

11. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"I...both of you are... you're-" She shudders, looking at Mutt with an expression of loss and understanding,. "...I... I shouldn't have let him go. He... I. I knew. I knew you were missing but I didn't think he was real at all and now he's gone, and... and I should."

She starts to sob, sagging against the doorway and covering her face in her hands. "I... I should have been a better big sister."

• Like x 3
  12. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt tentatively reaches toward her.

• Like x 1
  13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Mutt is jerked forwards and into her arms as she starts to sob, tears dripping down her face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

14. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt starts to tear up as well. "I missed you. Arie - he said your name was Arie -"

15. Nul

Nul hangs back. He doesn't feel right stepping into Mica's place in things, as if he were Mica, as if he had never existed. She's not his sister...she's not! He isn't Mica. He shouldn't just get Mica's family.

But tears are starting to roll down his cheeks, too.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

A hand fists in the front of Nul's shirt, pulling him in, as Arie tightens her grip on both of them, hugging them so tight it hurts.

• Like x 2
  17. Nul

Nul's eyes widen in surprise and he tries to pull away, but her grip is too tight. He hesitates, then hugs her back with everything he has. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm not him..."

18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

There's the sound of footsteps, and then Mutt recognizes the voice of their mother. "Oh, there you two are. We were wondering when you'd get here. Come on, close the door and get inside, you silly kids, do you want to let all the hot air out?"

Arie looks... monumentally confused, and offers a tremulous. "...m.... mom? I... you knew? I ... how do you?"

"Well, of course. Mutt and Nul were visiting family!" Mother's eyes are slightly glazed over, but her smile is warm.

• Like x 1
  19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Mom!" Mutt says, not questioning what she just said.

20. Nul

"....I've never been here before," Nul says. "I didn't exist before Mica left. What are you saying?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice