The Wheel Turns

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Mother smiles, then looks bemusedly at Nul. "Yes, you have. Come in, silly. You were just out visiting family. Come on. we're having some cocoa before we head to bed. You want to be asleep before Santa gets here, right?"

2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

"What's a Santa?" Mutt asks.

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"What's a Santa?" Mutt asks.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"A fat old man who's going to bring you gifts tonight," She smiles warmly.

5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Okay." They're not going to refuse gifts.

6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Mutt and Nul are led in and given hot cocoa.

Ethan and Arie are staring in confusion.

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

That's right! Mica said they have a brother! "Mica didn't tell me your name," they say. "I'm Mutt."

8. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"E...ethan.. who... who are you?"

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I'm the other half of Mica," Mutt explains. "He's gone now, but Nul is here"

10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"....g...gone?" His eyes start to water.

11. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

"Yes," Nul says diplomatically. "I'm sorry. I used to be him, but I'm...I'm not. He's gone."

12. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ethan starts to sob, looking at Arie. "B..but.. but. Y..you said. You said Mica said he'd come back-"

Arie's face scrunches up, and her hands tighten into fists. "....the woman. She.. she lied to both of us. She said he'd be safe-"

Mother and Father don't seem to notice any of the turmoil, with Mother happily getting cocoa for Mutt and Nul as Father approaches. "Let me get your stockings out of your bags and put your bags into your new bedroom."

13. Nul

Nul looks down, not sure how to fix the situation. It would be better if he weren't here; seeing him is just causing them pain. His face is always going to be a reminder of Mica.

"Arie -" he starts, then stops as he tries to make sure he's not going to make anything worse that wasn't going to happen anyway. "Were they like this before? Why do they know us? Something's wrong here. Um....other than me."

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"No. I. They weren't. They've been acting weird since Mica left-" her eyes go a bit bigger, and her face pales, as their father grabs their suitcases.

"Come on. The renovations finished yesterday."

"...renovations-"

"What, did you think our growing kids needed to share rooms with Ethan or you, Arie?" Father laughs. "They've got a room, just for them."

He points to a door upstairs that Arie and Ethan don't recognize, and Arie starts to tremble. "...something is very, very wrong, here-"

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt looks up from their cocoa at the door. "That's our room?" When Father nods, they run up the stairs to see.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The room is cozy, made for two, and... there's a gift wrapped on each bed, with a gemstone stuck to the tag.

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt scoops them up and takes them back downstairs, setting them on the table.

18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"....who are those from?" Arie frowns. "I... how did our second floor get BIGGER?!"

Their parents seem to pay her concerns no mind. "Now now, don't open your presents until Christmas, Mutt!"

19. Nul

"It's Christmas in less than an hour," Nul objects, looking at the clock. "It can't possibly cause any trouble."

20. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Then you'd better get to bed so Santa can do his work," Mother enthuses, ushering them upstairs. "Go on, go on-"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice