The Witch Of Babbling (blog thread)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by witchknights, Dec 15, 2018.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

20190208_224812.jpg

MOTHER OF FUCKER

• Witnessed x 1
  2. witchknights

IMG_20190211_222022_888.jpg

Hubsband and mom and I had dinner at Outback to celebrate getting into the uni I wanted! I got two extra weeks of vacation out of it!

• Winner x 6
  3. witchknights

Dyeing my hair this deep pen ink blue stained my entire back and now my husband won't stop calling me smurfette

• Witnessed x 2
  4. witchknights

Ok so my current Dragon Age headcanon that I'm trying to shove into a fic is about glyphs, runes, foci and how they're related, like this:

Glyphs are the most basic form of magic storage you get. It's still incredibly advanced magic, but it is the basic of storing your magic outside of yourself. Each glyph is unique to the mage who cast it, stores one spell and is spent on activation, so the mage who made it usually is the one that has to "refill" it; they have to be sculpted into livin or formerly living matter - velour, wood or bone, usually - and to design a glyph the mage has to cast the spell for a very long time in a very concentrated and careful manner inside a volume of magically appropriate materials and on places where the veil is thin enough that the ripples that the spell makes on the fade leave an impression on those materials. Once the design is visible enough to be copied, it can be scaled and engraved multiple times, but any modifications to it or to the circumstances of its activation require a new casting - for example my Inquisitor gave her sister a glyph of protection/stealth engraved on a ring with a mechanism to complete the design and activate the spell just enough to make a barrier around her, and if she wanted a ring that could make a five meter diameter bubble she would have to make a new design. Once you fill the glyph with mana, it can be replenished naturally without issue, and what you used in the glyph stays stored until it is activated or spent - another use of glyphs in my Inq's clan is freezing spells on jars for storing food, and they have to be refilled every couple of weeks by either her or the Keeper; these sorts of glyphs can be refilled and activated by other mages because they were designed like that, but it is a bit like wearing someone else's shoes or driving someone else's car. It just feels weird.

Once you have enough glyphs of the same spell by different mages, you can compare them and remove the casters personal signatures, leaving only the paths necessary for magic to happen. That's the glyphs that are taught in the Circle, that you can cast in Origins, and that are the fire and ice traps of Inquisition - and also the beginnings of a rune. The difference between a glyph and a rune is that the rune is cast in metal and filled with a sort of lyrium enamel, so they cant be spent - they get their power not from a personal connection with a caster but directly from the source of magic. They're easier to use and virtually unspentable, so they're preferred in most of the Andrastian world.

A focus is the other-rune. If you remove enough spell signatures from glyphs, you get the casters own print in the fade, the pattern that represents their impact on it. It doesn't do any particular spells and it isn't supposed to be all that exciting upon activation, but what it does is store tons of mana for no particular purpose. It takes hundreds of thousands of cross-referenced spells to lock in on the pattern, and once it is made, it needs a long time of putting magic into it until it is useful; but with a sufficiently long lifespan, or with a sufficiently irresponsible management of mana, it can be... well. Very powerful. But there is a reason that the only people to have them were immortal godlike ancient elf mages. Unlike runes, that can be used by any random Joe with no magic to speak of, they are very seriously exclusive to the person that crafted them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. witchknights

*has two seconds of contact with college party culture and gets immediate urge to go to sleep*

6. witchknights

"Blue lipstick isn't wearable in normal life" well not with that attitude

• Agree x 5
  7. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I got complimented on my very dark blue lipstick while shopping for groceries so yeah, it is totally normal-life-wearable.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

who said this and how can i fight them with my incredibly over the top lipstick collection that has a not insignificant number of blues in there

• Winner x 1
  9. witchknights

I only have one true blue but i have a couple of teals and i love!!! Them!!!!

Also what are some blues that you. Recommend. My ma is going to the US in May and i wanna ask for some blue lippies as souvenirs but all i could find were a Dior and a Bite Beauty and they are... many cash moneys....

10. witchknights

Yep! Sometimes it amazes me how much people dont... actually bother with what people are wearing or not, and how much what is wearable or appropriate is just bullshit.

11. witchknights

I have some scraps of white oxford that i have no idea what to do with. I bought it for half price bc it was the end of the roll so theres not a lot of length - about 110cm - and i just wanted to play with and get to know the fabric because im still just learning how to sew. The shorts i made from the black linen i got with it are still just almost done because i am a filthy millennial who is daunted by ironing so I still haven't interfaced the waistband or attached it to the shorts, and also one of the pleats is wonky and will have to be redone. I checked and I have enough of the thick satiny thing for a sleeveless top, but the oxford is just. A mystery.

12. IvyLB

those are so many cash moneys yehaaaa....... I have a MAC in matte royale which is a nice blue that fades through purple and stays rly long but is also many moneys
    then a couple cheapo kleancolor lipsticks that are surprisingly good? I do not have a *blue* blue from NYX but my other unnatural colors from them are v nice and I think they're probably a safe bet
    what i rly like for a matte royal blue is Jeffree Star's Blue Velvet Velour Liquid Lipstick! It's p long lasting, very high coverage and has a very nice light wear feel. I bought the equality/pride bundle pack of testers so i don't have a full size but I think that + I'm royalty and the shade Equality if he ever makes that a fullsize standalone are my faves from the bundle and I would buy them again. Breakfast at Tiffany's is also amazing but it's a bit of a difficult shade on me bc vibrant light blues do not mix well with pale warm teint xP

13. witchknights

Thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can get them. JS's website is just a pileup of temptations.........

Searching online I also found sugarpill's Shiver and I am just. In love. It is blue and it sparkles and I am a simple person with simple needs

14. witchknights

Also I FEEL YOU about vibrant and pastel colors not going well with your complexion because I fucking LOVE colourpop's cheetah on the bullet but putting it on my skin is a trip to corpsetown

15. witchknights

One of my new veterans I've been talking to asked if im going to the draft beer parties that they set up to welcome the freshmen and uh. Time to ruin another potential friendship by being just too goddamn weird again!

I said I'm not going because I dont drink and I'm not good with parties and I hope this is enough for her because i really... dont want to give the full explanation (I dont drink because I dont like the taste of beer, I have liver issues, and when I did drink I just fell asleep; crowded places give me panic attacks; loud music and noises are sensory hell; I don't drive well enough to feel confident going alone to places I dont know the route very well; the very idea of a party on a Monday night is absurd and I have better uses for my $10; I obviously dont know anyone there well enough to make going worth all this trouble, since the idea of those parties is that people get to know each other)

• Witnessed x 3
  16. witchknights

Screenshot_20190220-021155_Instagram.jpg

This fucking thing looks monstrously difficult to sew but I desperately need it on my body. If only I could. Divine the way to make it

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. IvyLB

OH YOU AND ME BOTH THAT LOOK COOL AF

• Agree x 1
  18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Honestly if it was me sewing that i wouldn't have attempted it out of ONE piece....

that said: I TOO NEED TO WEAR IT

• Agree x 1
  19. witchknights

Screenshot_20190220-152120_Weather.jpg

IDEAL SUMMER SITUATION

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. witchknights

I keep seeing these clothes full of drapes and darts and complicated pleats and going "ah yes. I need to make those" when in actually I can barely insert a zipper into shorts

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice