The Witch Of Babbling (blog thread)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by witchknights, Dec 15, 2018.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Classes start this Monday. I have to go to sleep early because my earliest classes are at 7:50. Anxiety makes me insomniac. Can you see the problem here

Anyway today I had a really nice day and I love my husband very much

2. witchknights

My college senior keeps insisting that i go to the beer party Monday night and I ran out of excuses not to go and I dont have enough skill points in getting out of uncomfortable social situations

Sweats in introvert

3. witchknights

Google search I am twenty seven years old can I still get away with the "my mom won't let me" excuse?????????????

• Witnessed x 1
  4. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Have you tried the very direct 'i'm sorry but i don't like crowds, much less drunk ones'? I've had good success with that

• Agree x 1
  5. witchknights

That was the first thing I tried

• Witnessed x 1
  6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Pushy coworkers/students/acquaintances are the worst

• Agree x 1
  7. witchknights

First class went ok! Not much classes but a lot of introductions. The teacher everybody says is mean didnt strike me as mean, but strict? At least thats the vibe i get from my previous experiences. Not mean but expects work to be taken seriously by us. I like that kind of teacher

8. witchknights

ok first day of class was good! had to skip the afternoon classes because i had to go to the ophthalmologist, because my glasses have been a bit weird since last year, and i was worried that my myopia had increased again because i have been hearing about how it would totally be stable next year to make me eligible for surgery since i was nineteen. turns out it has stabilized! what has changed is the fucking. angle. of the. astigmatism. from 180 on both eyes to HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE AND HUNDRED SEVENTY. thats whats been making me tired. for the past year. biology: what are you doing

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Witnessed x 3
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

being dumb as usual! fuck biology!

10. witchknights

I asked my doctor why that happened and her response can be paraphrased as a shrug emoji. whyyyy

11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yeah, you'll find out as you progress in your medical knowledge that a shrug emoji is the answer to a lot of things ;)

12. witchknights

And still not a valid answer in a final, i assume!

Joking aside, i am loving this. I just had my first biochem class and the professor got his doctorate in 1974, spent half an hour calling the Higgs Boson the Biggs Boson and the other half hour complaining the CA hadn't given us our lab coats yet

13. witchknights

It went something like "hello class I am J Ketzer. I am from <city> and I owned the <big lab> for many years. In class I use this textbook that you can Xerox from the library. This was supposed to be a practical lab class but the CA hasn't given you your lab coats so until then I have to fill sausage. Did you know we are made of stars? Go complain to the CA about your lab coats that the lovely seamstresses they hire make for them. Anyway, the Biggs Boson."

• Winner x 2
  14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

my garbage brain immediately: Biggs Boson...... hahah....... more like thicc boson................

• Winner x 1
  15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

No, unfortunately not, though it's a much used. If often useless answer to patients :P

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

[ B ]iggs [ B ]oson

• Agree x 1
  17. witchknights

The histo teacher that all the seniors are afraid of and that seems very serious and strict: *asks if all im having for lunch is really a sandwich and a chocolate*
    Me: *runs my mouth with something incredibly personal*
    Well now this incredibly scary and respected teacher knows i had a panic disorder and was on meds for it when i was twenty and hating my former major and now she probably thinks i am unstable and unreliable and untrustworthy and will not make it as a doctor! Time to never show my face in this university again, only I cant do that because tuition is 8k a month

• Witnessed x 2
  18. witchknights

Me: I am like rosa from Brooklyn 99 I am mysterious and aloof
    Someone: a
    Me: *babbles about my entire life story*

19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Wrt party: honestly at that point you are well within your rights to just not go and tell them to stop asking. They are now the one being rude.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. witchknights

One of the classes yesterday was a group dynamic to teach teamwork. One of the things we had to do was say a positive thing about us that people say, which is :why: enough

So i thought about what my therapist says about me because she is the most neutral of the four people i talk to regularly, rigjt? And she always says that my sense of humor is a positive. So i get up and, wanting to say "people say i have a good sense of humor" i say "people say im funny"
    I have made. No joke yet in class. No one has laughed with anything i did
    :msap:

I really dont like this job interview stuff

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice