The Witch Of Babbling (blog thread)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by witchknights, Dec 15, 2018.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I wanna go get gifts for my husband tomorrow but it's too hot and sunny to do almost anything outside, which is where the store i wanna go get clothes for him is, obviously; he really needs another pair of jorts and new sneakers. I think I'm going to the mall again tomorrow to see if I can find a plus-size store with guyclothes there and if I can't I'll ask the Uber to take me to the other store so I get to walk as little as possible. and I still need to finish my mom's handmade tote and get something more to put in it but I don't know what...

2. witchknights

Carrot is a very good egg! I also love him a lot, he's very funny.

Thanks!! I'm super excited to start. idk if med school here in Brazil is the same as over there, but if you could tell me a little about how it was for you it would be very helpful!!

3. witchknights

Here's my med school curriculum, btw. I'll be studying in the morning and afternoon and I'll still have 470 hours of extracurriculars to use before I graduate lmao what is free time
    • morphological fundaments of the human organism
    • conception and development of the human being
    • metabolism
    • aggression and defense
    • community interaction I
    • clinical abilities I
    • biological functions
    • intro to medicine
    • ethics I
    • research methodology
    • diseases resulting from environmental changes
    • pathological basis
    • pharmacological basics
    • aging process
    • community interaction II
    • clinical abilities II
    • cell proliferation
    • perception and emotion
    • birth and development
    • locomotion and holding
    • PAIN
    • behavioral and mental issues
    • (abdominal) PAIN
    • fever, inflammation and infection
    • fatigue, weightloss and anemia
    • blood loss
    • community interaction III
    • Thesis I
    • be a doctor
    • clinical abilities III
    • care of women and children
    • genetics
    • evidence-based medicine
    • thesis II
    • community interaction IV
    • clinical abilities IV
    • external manifestations of disease
    • nutritional and metabolic disorders
    • clinical emergencies
    • dyspnea, thoracic pain and edemas
    • human sexuality and family planning
    • sensory, motor and consciousness disorders
    • Supervised practice in Familly and community medicine, clinical medicine, women's health, children's health, surgery and anesthesiology, mental health, urgency and emergency medicine
    • Ethics II
    • Supervised practice in Familly and community medicine, clinical medicine, women's health, children's health, surgery and anesthesiology, mental health, urgency and emergency medicine
    • Supervised practice in Community Health

I'm very excited for year 3! both because that's when we'll finally study genetic and also because there's just a class called PAIN which while i understand what it is is very very not encouraging. also the 'be a doctor' class, which i have no idea what we'll learn in it but i'm choosing to believe it's going to be, like, improv commedy. just a lighthearted class for fun and distraction from both PAIN classes

4. witchknights

still relevant

• Winner x 1
  5. witchknights

Too late to sew, too hot to do any other possible housework while living in an apartment, my husband is visiting my mom in law, i don't wanna do the dishes because there's a hole in my gloves and water keeps getting in, i can't play videogames because my speaker is out of battery, am absolutely bored. maybe it's time to play ff9 again

6. witchknights

or i could just, like, sleep because it's 1 am, but what's the fun in that when i become a nocturnal creature during summer

7. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

sorry i'm behind but this doesn't need to be in context because it's 500000% true

fucking hell i love SAL

• Agree x 1
  8. witchknights

!!! the moon is so pretty tonight!!! When I have the money I wanna get a camera that's good enough to take pics of the moon because phone cameras... suck

9. Kittenly

moon?? who is she

we have had pouring rain for over a week straight and i forget what the sky looks like :(

10. witchknights

aw ):

it was very pretty! almost full, enourmous and very orange.

11. witchknights

I got half of my character/ship songs from it honestly like

Lys/Ali - West
    Liesyn - The Projectionist
    Cullen/Idrilla - Neptune
    Hawke - Heirloom
    Cullen - either Mars or Pluto?? idk
    Joan Shepard - Saturn because... that's obvious
    North for the Dalish in general
    & etc

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  12. Kittenly

Yeah it's sooooo fucking good. I think darling has four? No fuck, five sal songs on her character playlist. (Mercury starts her playlist, Fear and Neptune are her darkest moments, Son is when she's starting to get better and One closes her out).

Heirloom is so good for hawke and Saturn is on my Shepards playlist too (also is p much the most important song I've ever heard). For ships, north and arctic are for darling/Valentine, taste and southern are for Darling/Hancock. It's interesting to me that Neptune is a ship song for you and a character song for me. Cause for idrilla and Cullen it's a mutual angst. Neither of them know how to do this relationship but they both want it, and are sort of preparing to surrender to their feelings. For Darling it's a confessional. It's not just that she doesn't know how to love, she thinks she'll never know how love and fully expects the person she's confessing to to abandon her.

All my current ocs have two or more sal songs associated with them xP I have A Problem

• Like x 1
  13. witchknights

I kinda want to use Mercury for Nellas but it just doesn't sit right, I think, musically speaking even if the lyrics fit. It doesn't properly convey her anger and frustration.

I agree that these differences in interpretation are interesting. Darling has deeper issues, but Cullen and Idrilla... they try to deny and forget their feelings for the other most of the time, and keep their friendship strictly platonic because they're both self loathing idiots, but they are drawn to the other in their moments of crisis and that's when the pretense falls apart, if only temporarily. And it's in these bits of honestly that the knife digs deeper, and hurts more, but they also cant escape it because it's the truth that they're living in; they learn to love each other slowly but they aren't able to do anything really until a) their almost kiss in the winter palace, that they refuse to bring up again after the fact and b) Ameridan's advice to take happiness where she can find it. And both of these are incredibly low points for Idrilla, emotionally. Girl is a mess. My other songs for the ship are Vienna Teng's Stray Italian Greyhound and a Brazilian song that basically goes "I like you so much that I think it's better if I hide it because we couldn't possibly work out and if you don't know I love you I'll be the only one suffering and I can deal with that".

SAL is very much associated with DA in my mind. It's like Hem and Princess Tutu - I got two songs from Eveningland in my Princess Tutu fst and now every time I see the album I wanna watch magical ballet duck lmao

14. witchknights

At least summer is good for one thing, which is making me remember that I have to actually drink liquids if I don't want to die of dehydration. In other news I just drank a full liter of Burger King ice tea

15. witchknights

People keep saying that I shouldn't drink while I eat because it's unhealthy and etc etc but that's literally the only time my body pings me that i need to put a liquid into it during the best part of the year

16. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

ait like who says this??? i'm
    I've never heard of that

17. witchknights

My grandma, my aunts and half of the randos that decide to give me unprompted weightloss advice, for starters lmao

18. witchknights

Luv bubble tea. So fun and chewy

• Agree x 1
  19. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

If I recall there was some pseudoscience-y reporting a while back about how drinking liquids during a meal "makes people overeat" but a significant percentage of people I know can't go for an entire meal without drinking anything, because they start to choke up, even discounting the people with dysphagia. I mean, I guess if you can't eat more than a couple of bites, you will lose weight.

• Agree x 2
  20. witchknights

The husband wants sneakers that look like bha midoriya's - red and white and tall. I've been looking for them everywhere without any luck, and when I finally find one that fits the criteria in his size it's. Goddamn $350 vans

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice