The Witch Of Babbling (blog thread)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by witchknights, Dec 15, 2018.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

also, just, cries in pathology as a whole. we had lab today to see some gastro samples in the microscope and what the FUCK was i looking at.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. witchknights

Crap things that have happened so far today, and it is only noon:

- woke up feeling generally tired as fuck because i stayed up late doing the required study for ortho
    - did not eat anything because i was late for gastro
    - received a text from neuro prof asking why i wasnt in the lab to collect samples for the migraine study i am volunteering at
    - found out that the schedule we got last year had been updated and did not end in March anymore
    - got ready in five to go to the lab
    - forgot the keys
    - had to go back and got stuck in traffic
    - arrived literally an hour late
    - had to ask the nurses for help because i couldnt find the veins of none of the three patients
    - one of the patients left before i could interview her so i will have to call her later
    - threw away the thing we needed for the study from one of the blood samples because i dis not pay attention to what i was doing and have a room temperature iq, in Celsius.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. witchknights

Thankfully the lab tech was processing the second sample and i didnt ruin everythig, just a little

4. witchknights

Also i have blisters on BOTH of my feet and have not eaten anything and ALSO I could not attend ortho class, which is the class, that I stayed up late studying for,

5. witchknights

My uber finished my ride and accepted another one 800 meters from the community clinic and i had to run 800m in five minutes

But at least i am vaccinated! Thanks Butantã

6. witchknights

in brazil we have a saying that translates to 'putting the ox in front of the cart' and what it means is that whenever i am feeling kind of down i go look for interior design inspiration for my office. do i know what specialty i want? no. am i even an intern yet?? fuck no. but i do know how my office is gonna look like and it is going to look cool as FUCK

• Winner x 2
  7. witchknights

applying is appalling

• Agree x 1
  8. witchknights

"oh, i've been really liking my infecto classes! neat!" *immediately falls asleep at the mention of antibiotics*

• Witnessed x 2
  9. witchknights

i really love what i do and i love being in the hospital talking to patients and to my professors and figuring out what they have and my time at the clinic but whenever the repetitive drilling of a list of names to decorate starts i am yeeted to the fifth dimension

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  10. witchknights

i am seriously considering making the third 1.5l thermos of coffee for the day just so i can get through this lesson, which i am fruitlessly attempting to do for the 8th time this week. i have a midterm monday. it is 11:22 pm

• Witnessed x 1
  11. witchknights

aced gastro, 85% on pharma + pathology, 87% neuro (theory), who knows what my grade in rheumatology is but i think i did well, so far midterms are going well. tomorrow is orthop, which i am super not looking forward because i have studied it the least because it... gives me heebie jeebies

• Winner x 3
  12. witchknights

one of the things we studied was osteomyelitis, which is what the one patient that most baffled me so far had. he was a 14-15 year old boy who cut his foot while swimming in a river and spent almost one whole entire year doing various rural activities such as barefoot walks in the woods and horse riding and more river swimming with said foot injury, which he did not find strange never did completely heal, while he also, and get this, was oozing pus from his entire leg, which he used it to gross out his friends at school, until his parents and grandparents convinced him to go to the doctor, which he didnt want to do because ibu was enough to manage the pain and get the fever a bit lower so he wasn't worried. he had to spend months in the hospital and then the infection came back a while later and when we talked it was his second round of surgery and antibiotics, which he also resisted because he didnt like doctors. he had still, somehow, not lost the leg

when we were examining him he was worried if anything we were going to do was going to hurt and in my mind i was like. dude. you just spent a year with a rotten femur and you're wondering if us taking your blood pressure is going to hurt????

the immune system of the teenager is a thing of wonder.

• Agree x 4
  13. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

what the FUCK

• Agree x 3
  14. witchknights

yeah!!! i know!!!!

he was a sweetheart but way too blasé about the whole thing

• Agree x 1
  15. witchknights

In other news, i have once again dreamt about the James Corden and hugh jackman sci-fi gay love story broadway musical where they are abducted by, fight and defeat an evil empire of space aliens that my brain sometimes is convinced is a thing that exists

• Like x 1
  16. witchknights

Like, today it was hugh jackman, but the other times I dreamt about it i woke up believing that I couldn't find it because James Corden's love interest in the musical were actually a) brad pitt b) keegan-michael key c) ewan mcgregor d) keanu reeves, for some reason

• Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I would like to subscribe to that newsletter

• Like x 1
  18. witchknights

It starts with a very small-town slice of life drama vibe. James Corden is a shy, meek high school music teacher who has a crush on this Gently Rugged Carpenter Dude (played by Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, Keegan-Michael Key, Ewan McGregor or Keanu Reeves) who is the father of his favorite student, who is preparing to audition for Music Schools In The Big City. Gently Rugged Carpenter Dude and James Corden used to be friendly because JC has been mentoring the child for ages, but lately they had fallen out because GRCD didn't want His Baby to go to the Big City but to the Medium City That Is Closer. JC is a hopeless romantic with a history of lukewarm relationships and sings a song about such. GRCG sings a song about his kid growing up and him being alone and sad. He is very mysterious and doesn't like opening up, which leads to a fight-duet with his kid about emotional availability. the kid runs to the high school auditorium, where JC had been singing about being sad and a hopeless romantic earlier, and they sing a song about following your dreams and then hug. GRCD sees this and goes "):" and tries to go talk with JC after the kid leaves, but they are interrupted by a scream. They go outside and see kid being abducted by a spaceship; GRCD freezes in fear but JC leaps to try and rescue the kid, which makes GRCD also act, and the three of them are abducted.

End of act 1, brief intermission. Act 2 is basically the suicide mission from ME2, but somehow also still a musical, as they try to find each other and end up fighting the evil aliens. there is character development (GRCD learns to be emotionally available, JC learns boldness) and more stuff happens with some other abducted people and it all culminates in a big romantic duet before the big showdown with the aliens, which is the big 11 o'clock number. The aliens are defeated, more stuff happens and JC and GRCD, now a couple, send their kid off to the big city music school she got in with her heroic actions scholarship she got for helping save the world from evil aliens.

• Winner x 1
  19. witchknights

Marianne "WitchKnights" and the mind boggling inability to concentrate while watching videos

• Witnessed x 2
  20. witchknights

I
    GOT
    INTO
    AN
    OFFICIAL
    RESEARCH
    PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICIALLY AND NOT JUST AS A VOLUNTEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I
    WILL
    AID
    IN
    WRITING
    A
    PUBLISHABLE
    PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice