The Witch Of Babbling (blog thread)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by witchknights, Dec 15, 2018.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

At some point in Inquisition Nellas becomes the person equivalent to that stray dog that follows you home and cries on your doorstep because you said hi to it on your way out of walmart and i just want to spray Solas with a water bottle to get him away from her, which is why I choose to romance him with her pt. His "but you came and changed everything" line is just. the kind of thing she'd eat up, and she's been so used to being suffered instead of appreciated that she doesn't notice the little jabs Solas keeps throwing it's just. gosh. she's angry and prickly but she deserves So Much Better

Illa and Darling should make the We Have No Emotions Whatsoever Meeting Group To Talk About The Emotions We Totally Don't Actually Have We Swear, where they just sit and frown for fourty five minutes in silence because no one wants to admit anything to anyone.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Agree x 1
  2. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I am gonna fucking FITE solas's eggy ass. Does she ever find some way to get better? Ever find a partner who is not a manipulative asshole?

Yeah, cause if either started talking, the other would pick up on their bullshit so fast and it miiiiight end in a fist fight.

3. witchknights

[​IMG]

If she finds a way to get better and someone who is not just using her is... something to see on DA4. I kinda want to leave that open.

• Like x 1
  4. witchknights

@Kittenly i still think fondly of the idea of Darling&co taking a look at Idrilla and the Emotional Issues and going "oh gee should we say something" because its very funny and very endearing

5. witchknights

Me: ok i will just take a quick shower because it's almost one thirty in the morning but i am too sweaty to sleep comfortably

My fucjing brain: oh hi Marie! Sorry that I haven't shown up in a while, but to make up for it take this! It's a fully formed scene for your fanfic!

• Winner x 1
  6. witchknights

The scene is a vaguely Regency Romancey scented bit in Halamshiral. They're guests in the mansion of an Inquisition ally, and there is a ball going on which is what gives it the RR scent on my mind? Anyway. She's hiding in a reading room with Cole when Cullen shows up, and it's awkward because they shared the carriage to Halamshiral and it was very hard for her to see the city, and they both were thinking about the time in Adamant where Cullen held her in her arms as she cried because of the Nightmare and that Idrilla made Cullen believe Cole had wiped out from her memories because she was too embarrassed to admit it happened.

So like, she's reading a book, and he sits down at a writing table and starts writing something. And not much after their hostess arrives and is surprised to see them all there and starts chatting with Idrilla, asking what she's reading. It's some sappy romance book and hostess expresses surprise because idrilla has a reputation for being Serious. Illa admits kind of embarrassed that she thinks they're good escapism. They start talking about romance and Idrilla says that unlike in books real love is bound and limited by duty and position and its foolish to disregard that, because she is trying to tell herself to get over Cully. He then closes the writing desk very abruptly and bails, kinda fuming with frustration and heartbreak because he had hoped that her agreeing with his suggestion to support those two kids' elopement meant she believed otherwise and then it could mean that maybe there could actually be something going on between them besides his wishful thinking. Idrilla looks at him go and is very sad because she maybe realizes what she's doing but doesn't know how to stop and cant go after him bc important person is hogging her attention.

This all happens after the conversation about how Halamshiral made her think about how different things could have been if her family had never been forced to leave and both said they would want to meet the other again but in better circumstances but before the actual winter palace with the Totally Friends Slow Dance and the Almost Kiss That Josephine Interrupted and that they never really had the opportunity to discuss because shame and then Blackwall Did His Thing So Now We Have More Pressing Matters

7. Kittenly

Wriiiiiiiiite it

I wannnnnnnt it

8. witchknights

9. witchknights

All the other apartments we looked at are way more expensive and further from downtown so I'm probably going to be living there (after renovating the bath and kitchen)

10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I can see why... that interior sure is, something....

• Agree x 1
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

The seventies called, they want their tiles back...

• Agree x 1
  12. witchknights

The bathroom is actually a lot more bubblegum pink than in the pictures. In a like. Chewed bubblegum color. Except for the floor tiles in the living and bedrooms everything is original

But it is literally four blocks from EVERYTHING. Unless we can find something better that is not starting at 400k it's time to make the property brothers proud

13. witchknights

We talked to the doorman and like. Most of the people living there are senior citizens who are the original owners of their apartments

14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Sounds like it'd be a pretty calm neighbourhood alright!

15. witchknights

It is! Its busy during the day because there is a lot of commerce all around and the municipal bus terminal is literally on the next block, but outside business hours it's super quiet. We saw some apartments in a less downtown-y part of town nearer one of the unis, but it was too far away from stuff and a mostly university student population meant there were a lot of bars and pubs around and... husband and I are twentysomething geriatrics. Also the apartments were less stuck in the seventies and had a garage but were twice or three times the price and also very very tiny

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  16. witchknights

I tried sewing shorts today! It is. Somewhat weird looking, thanks to the fact that as the people who are supposed to love me pointed out the pattern was made for someone with significantly more ass than I have

Also installing zippers is a bitch. I'm gonna go full old timey and only use buttons on all my own clothes

• Like x 3
  17. witchknights

Finding a place to live.... . ..... .. is hard

• Witnessed x 1
  18. Kittenly

:(

did you decide against that apartment?

19. witchknights

Kind of. The asking price is a little high for what it offers, so we made an offer taking this in consideration and the owners refused. So we made a counter counter offer and we're going to see what happens

We also saw a few more apartments and we found one thats pretty ok and has even some patio area thing because its a first floor apartment. And i.... dont like it, because it is a first floor apartment, and that's not somewhere I would be comfortable living because I'm an idiot. It even has it's own parking and is just a few blocks from the other but it's in the same street even. But it's like. First floor. Still on roach range. I've lived in an apartment like this (and in houses) and I wasn't comfortable doing anything after sunset because what if we saw a roach. So it is stupid, but it's also a phobia, and combine this with wanting some balcony or outside space for the cats and an elevator... its. Ugh. It's hard to find things we can afford. I'm very anxious.

20. witchknights

There's an apartment in the same building that is the realtor's friend's cousin's, who is in jail and had renovated the apartment for his mother before she refused to move out of her current house. He was going to see if they were willing to sell and for how much but I dont have a lot of hope

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice