The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a thread for Potterheads)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Soul, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I'm Slytherpuff which is the best combo.

• Like x 1
  2. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I'm definitely a Slytherin primary but am not sure what my secondary is because I switch between all four methods depending on the situation and my mental state. I guess that could be a Slytherin secondary thing, or it could be a burned-anything thing. I've been considering that I might be a Gryffindor secondary after being re-Sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore, because it seems like canon Sortings line up more with secondaries than primaries? But also Pottermore initially sorted me into Ravenclaw, which is just wrong, so....

I think @Key might be a Gryffindor primary! We're not sure though.

@Aondeug I almost always got either Slytherin or Hufflepuff when I took unofficial quizzes. *internet high five of Slytherpuff solidarity*

• Like x 1
  3. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I've always gotten Hufflepuff, no matter what quiz I took. Both versions of the Pottermore quiz, Hufflepuff. Dozens of OKC fan-quizzes, Hufflepuff. Even the Sortinghat stuff, I got Hufflepuff, even if an incredibly burned Hufflepuff nowadays. No idea for secondary, I think a Ravenclaw or Slytherin secondary? No Gryffindor though.

• Like x 1
  4. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I've always gotten Ravenclaw, though also I apparently have very Hufflepiff traits. When I got resorted on Pottermore recently I got Gruffindor though, which left me kind of... Very confused and "wuurble?". But I can see how I would easily be all Gryffindor charging without my love of learning and truth shaping that instinct up.

I should do that primary/secondary thing sometime hmm. I just keep forgetting XD

5. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I'm a Hufflepuff primary / Gryffindor secondary. I like the ideals of bravery and all that, but I value loyalty far more, and tbh the only time I ever exhibit any sort of bravery is when I'm being loyal to friends. I tend to not stand up for myself a whole lot. And I'm nowhere near opinionated enough to feel like I qualify as Gryffindor. I'm pretty lowkey/chill and content with letting other people have their way.

I realize that sounds kinda like Neville but there is absolutely no way I would pull off what Neville did in the last book. I'd be fine with being part of Neville's group but there's no way I'd spearhead it the way he did. I guess that's the main thing that makes me a Hufflepuff; I'm a follower, not a leader.

6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

re: american versions of houses, i just thought of a house type thing. dividing the school by graduation years

my high school did that and like there were circulating colors assigned to each graduation year and every fall we'd have this school-wide competition as like a homecoming thing (which is apparently supposed to be about football? my high school's football team was notoriously terrible though) and everyone always got super aggressively into it. idk how common this is but i know all the high schools in my area do it. i could totally imagine american wizard school doing something like this?

• Like x 3
  7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I'm Ravenclaw/Slytherin for what it's worth. Ravenclaw primary, Slytherin secondary.

8. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

my school did something like that!
    cept it got canceled every year after my freshman year cause too many people needed to have ambulances called.

• Like x 4
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

my semester at a five colleges school that I try to forget happened is showing again I know Mt. Holyoke College does something like that, with cycling years with colors and mascots. Forget what they were, except I think one was a griffin?

JKR's description of Ilvermorny makes the most sense if you assume that in the American wizard school ecosystem it's the equivalent of a tiny old elite New England liberal-arts college that isn't the most famous school in the country, but has a fancy reputation and is full of rich people and kids on scholarships.

• Like x 6
  10. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

The mount holyoke ones are a Pegasus, a sphinx, a lion, and a Griffin.

Google has not given me an explanation as to why 3/4 are winged and 3/4 are cats but it's not the same 3.

Though I guess I dunno which version of the sphinx is used...

• Like x 4
  11. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

that's gonna bug me from now on, thanks

• Like x 3
  12. LadyNighteyes

Pretty sure the MHC sphinx didn't have wings.

• Like x 1
  13. electroTelegram

oh my

another high school in my area had theirs cancelled because they destroyed some kind of safety barricade and my school was constantly threatening to cancel because of how agressive it got. not so much physical (tho we always did have several egging instances) but like, vandalizing people's cars and the school and sabotaging the other grades.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

my school did a competition-by-graduation-years thing. they stopped after a bunch of seniors pushed a couple freshman down the stairs.

• Like x 2
  15. emythos

ours was surprisingly unaggressive for our school
    which again, still meant we had multiple ambulances called

• Like x 3
  16. electroTelegram

this is why it would be perfect for american wizarding school tho, i mean school sanctioned violence is already canon in hogwarts (magical medicine makes it a lot easier to send kids into dangerous situations i guess) and tbh with america's history it makes sense that our school(s) would have super violent competitions

• Like x 7
  17. KarrinBlue

I am still annoyed that no one thought to like. give the kids helmets. in quidditch.

• Like x 9
  18. LadyNighteyes

Or like. A spell that slows them down if they fall.

• Like x 7
  19. KarrinBlue

YES

ANTIGRAVITY? A NET? SOMETHING? MAYBE SAVE YOUR TWELVE YEAR OLDS THE INCREDIBLE PAIN OF BROKEN BONES?

OLIVER WOOD WAS IN A COMA FOR A MONTH SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL

• Like x 9
  20. emythos

yesssssssssssssssssss
    it's perfect
    "HERE KIDS, HERE'S SOME BROOMS AND EXPLOSIVES! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART OF THE SCHOOLWIDE EVENT"

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice