The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a thread for Potterheads)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Soul, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

i got slytherin still awh yis. snek snek snek

i was laughing at the last question though. what do you value more? wisdom? hard work? bravery? cunning? gee i wonder which answer will get me which house

• Like x 9
  2. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

>.>

<.<

*slides this across the table to you*

Apparently you can delete and remake your account with the same email address and everything.

3. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I have a formal complaint that I got sorted to Gryffindor my second go, when I am obviously a Ravenclaw and I did get to be Ravenclaw in my first sorting >:|

Patronus... that was an excellently made interaction, I loved it. I got a Siberian Cat!

• Like x 1
  4. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I also wrote down my answers as I did this.

DREAM out of Dream/Discover/Dance
    WARM out of Warm/Cold
    PREEN out of Play/Prowl/Preen
    ALONE out of Alone/Together
    COMFORT out of Comfort/Advice/Impress

• Like x 1
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i picked prowl out of the play/prowl/preen one and i want to know what on earth made that give me field mouse
    fite me rowling

• Like x 2
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

THAT WAS THE OTHER SET I COULDN'T RECALL. The play/prowl/preen thing. I picked play.

7. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I got a stoat my first go, which is. No. Not me.
    My second go was a White Mare.
    Also no.
    Y'know what, Patronuses can have personal significance too and not just be symbolic (what even is the symbolism behind these patronuses anyways?? It would have been really nice if JK had included some sort of explanation on them like she does on the wand results) SO I'M SAYING MY PATRONUS IS A FLYING FOX. Screw Pottermore, these results are shit anyways. Without having standardized questions, it means you can take the same test twice, answer truthfully both times, and get vastly different results.

Aka how I got sorted into Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. At least the second time it got it right. I wasn't even actively trying to get sorted into Hufflepuff the second time, I just answered honestly and WHOOPS DIFFERENT RESULTS

• Like x 6
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I think they probably made it super vague to try to stop people from gaming it for the results they want, but a) I have no idea why they even care, and b) it means the results are way more random and less connected to anything that makes actual sense.

• Like x 2
  9. Aondeug

I continue to be the one person who cried and was like yes this is magical and a religious experience about this madness. Pff.

• Like x 4
  10. artistformerlyknownasdave

i don't really get why there's a pool of answers and you can only answer some of them at a time for the sorting quiz--i'd much rather answer 28 questions once and know it's accurate than 8 questions 3 times and get different answers each try
    (i've only taken it once because i'm lazy and i did get ravenclaw, which i think fits me anyway, so!)

• Like x 3
  11. Aondeug

You can do a quiz with all the questions outside of the Pottermore site. Though that's not official and what not.

• Like x 3
  12. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Where would this be?

13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

quick and convenient

people who want detailed accuracy are not necessarily the target audience

• Like x 4
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

15. Aondeug

Here. Not sure if the new sorter has different questions in it too. The ones I saw were in the old set though if there are.

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was gonna retake it but after all aondeug said about the salmon i think I'll keep the results i got. Also, after relogging in after forever my house was set at hufflepuff? I distictly remember it being set as ravenclaw when i left. Idk maybe i retook it and forgot.

17. Aondeug

omg i converted someone to salmon

Also that is weird that you're Hufflepuff suddenly? I am kind of annoyed it stuck me in Gryffindor this time around. Now my dash is TAINTED. By all this...red and orange. ;-;

• Like x 2
  18. Miraj

Miraj queerest of the queer

I also did my patronus quiz before sorting. I made a new account and everything.

I am, admittedly, good at taking the Pottermore quiz and getting Slytherin as my result. I figure this is a pretty Slytherin thing to do (okay kinda Slytherclaw but ANYWAY) and am rather proud of this ability.

... ... ... *shifty eyes* okay I'll say it. ;) My REAL birthday is January 9th. :D I'm such a fucking gay fanboi omgs sorrynotsorry.

• Like x 4
  19. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I answered the quiz mostly-honestly three times while eyeing the answers that I was pretty sure were the Slytherin ones and got Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw again. Whereafter I had a revelation and took the quiz again, with better results.

It turns out that, as a Slytherin, I spend most of my time lurking in dark alleys, drinking suspicious black liquids, opening mysterious black boxes, snitching on my allies, ganging up on innocent trolls with my friends (which I'm personally surprised I have any), threatening to jinx Muggles (because that's a very clever way to allay their suspicion that I am a wizard), not caring about humanity in general, or what people think about me in particular, except to want them to fear, envy, and respect me, learning Apparition, jinxes, and hexes (presumably so that I can Apparate into people's houses in the middle of the night and curse them because I like doing crimes), and liking things with negative associations, such as the colour black, tails, and the direction left. Oh and I like the smell of the sea, I guess?

Jokes aside, I am confused that having trouble dealing with cold is a Slytherin thing, given that the Slytherin quarters are in the dungeons ... where it's presumably cooler than the rest of the castle ... is that a snake joke? Because snakes are cold-blooded?

• Like x 9
  20. Aondeug

I honestly do have a lot of trouble dealing with the cold. I'm from So Cal. We do not believe in temperatures below 75.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice