The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a thread for Potterheads)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Soul, Aug 27, 2015.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Especially because a good part of the horror of Umbridge is: nearly everyone knows someone like her. Encountering someone like her is utterly plausible.

The horror ramps up if her being a horrorshow is the result of a slow, incremental process that started before she even became an adult, because if you can look at each individual step and go "it makes sense" - it's all the more plausible, and it could happen to anyone. (Which is, imo, part of any moral lesson that accompanies Umbridge: it takes constant vigilance and re-checking to ensure that you don't end up where she is, in the environment she's working in.)

• Like x 10
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

• Like x 1
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to be the one to disappoint you, then.

• Like x 8
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

the story, too, is cursed

• Like x 5
  5. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

finally, someone who writes stage directions even more extra than mine! I am vindicated!! seriously though what is that show

• Like x 4
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm at the point where I'll believe practically anything anyone tells me about Cursed Child because it sounds like a fever dream.

• Like x 9
  7. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

This has the effect where I actually want to buy it and read it now because what

• Like x 2
  8. LadyNighteyes

It was secretly a brilliant marketing scheme all along! :::PPP

• Like x 3
  9. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i once read a hp fic that was like, what if the sorting hat decided to change it up as a means of better uniting everyone and i cant find it anymore, has anyone heard of it/can anyone helo me find it?

10. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I know exactly what you mean but idk if I reblogged it...

You mean the one where you get resorted every year right?

• Like x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

There's also a Tumblr post I remember where the Sorting Hat decided to start putting some people in the "wrong" Houses. Might have been that one.

• Like x 1
  12. electroTelegram

hmm i dont think so? you didnt get resorted every year, things were just different. the sorting hat didnt place all 7 weasleys in gryf, for example.
    that sounds like it?

i thought it might have been an ink-splotch fic bc big AUs are kinda their thing but i cant find it on their blog/ao3 so idk where to start (googling just brings up sorting hat quizzes)

13. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is helpful, but painless-j has a rec list for that theme, maybe you could find your lost fic here?

14. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

RAYBOT I THINK I KNOW THE ONE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ALL THE WEASLEYS GO EVERYWHERE BUT GRYFFINDOR RIGHT "hey uhhhh badger weasley is your brother's pet supposed to be an animagus"

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  15. electroTelegram

YES THATS THE ONE

16. keltka

FUCK UHHH I know I reblogged it a couple times and I swear I had it tagged but I can't for the life of me find it >< Google isn't helping either BUT I KNOW THAT POST

• Like x 1
  17. electroTelegram

• Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
  18. keltka

SCREAMS HELL YEAH HELL YEAH

• Winner x 1
  19. 4ppl3m1nt

4ppl3m1nt here to bring #content

It's been a while since I reread the series, and I've read so much conflicting fanfics recently I am thoroughly bamboozled - can someone remind me did Draco have a Dark Mark in canon or did he not?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. LadyNighteyes

He did, once he got admitted to the Death Eaters in HBP.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice