The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a thread for Potterheads)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Soul, Aug 27, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

*tentatively raises a hand*

Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw, but I recently took the quiz of /all/ the Pottermore questions and got Hufflepuff by a slight margin. So let's just call me a Ravenpuff.

• Like x 1
  2. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Ravenpuff here with pretty much the same situation. Ravenpuff forever.

• Like x 2
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I've taken the Pottermore test three times now, and got Slytherin the first time, Gryffindor the second, and most recently Hufflepuff. Took it the first time a couple years back, but the second two had about three months of time in between, and I don't remember trying to change any of my answers, so. I dunno! I do know I'm not ambitious in the least, and I'd rather be careful than bold, so I'm inclined to say I'd be a Hufflepuff. Tho 11 year old me would probably be aiming for Ravenclaw. That was about when I got good grades without trying and was convinced all may worth as a person laid in being the "best reader" in my class.

• Like x 1
  4. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

Pottermore put me in Slytherin, but the full Pottermore quiz puts me in Ravenclaw. As for other quizzes I've taken, the results vary, but always between those two houses. I guess I'm a Slytherclaw? Ravenrin?

• Like x 1
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I just consistently get Slytherine. I've gotten it on other tests too so I am just going to accept that, yes, I am in the snake house. But you know what. People hating my house gives me motivation to be awesome out of sheer spite. Also we have the sexiest colors. Have you seen our scarves? Hot as fuck is what they are.

• Like x 4
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Nah, Ravenclaw bronze and blue is a heck of a lot sexier than silver and green.

• Like x 3
  7. Aondeug

Excuse me. Green is like. The best non-red color. The appealingness of the color combos goes snakes>the lionfuckers>BIRD>and badgers.

• Like x 3
  8. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I actually prefer the movie Ravenclaw colours because heraldically they make more sense. /nerd

But Slytherin is best house. Always. And green & silver are fey colours. Also I used to think the Malfoys were fey because of their appearance and that -foy ending which, while it can mean faith as in "Sansfoy" can also mean fey as in "Leffoy".

• Like x 2
  9. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

idk man I really like the hufflepuff colour scheme.

• Like x 3
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Green's a solid color, but silver is cold and stark and hardly something to be acquainted with your intimate bits. Red is in fact the worst color, I'll have you know, and while green rates pretty darn high, it's hardly what I'd call sexy. No, bronze and blue has warm and cool in it, which makes it the best and also sexiest combo.

• Like x 2
  11. Aondeug

Fey is good. Fey is best. Says the Irish polytheist.

• Like x 3
  12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Beeeeeees

But yeah, black and yellow can work pretty well.

• Like x 1
  13. cleverThylacine

I think you mispronounced "hardest to wear combo" there, as bronze and blue clashes with BOTH warm-toned and cool-toned complexions, which is totally not that sexy.

Silver is pure...and cool, which my intimate bits rather like. Green is the colour of fairies and life and absinthe.

14. cleverThylacine

sorry y'all but I really really hate yellow. I won't even buy yellow post-its for my office.

• Like x 1
  15. Pumpkageist

Nononono, it's Snakes>Badgers>Birds>Lions. And green is a totally sexy colour, and green and silver is the best combination. Blue and bronze... Really don't go together, imo. At least not as well as green/silver or black/yellow. Sorry, Ravenclaw.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    • Like x 1
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Haha, does it? I can't tell, I'm so fucking bad at fashion stuff. I just know I like cool and I like leather and bronze and rust, and that ephemeral stuff makes my teeth hurt. Fairies are scary tricksy cold things, and I'd rather things be dark and cool and solid than shiny quick and sharp.

And green makes my brain go still and quiet. i use it primarily to make myself stop thinking when my mind's running around in circles and banging into walls, which makes it hard to get the blood pumping.

• Like x 2
  17. Aondeug

They aren't always cold. Sometimes they are warm scary, tricksy things that drag you into slavery. Well that or sometimes they are genuinely helpful even if it is in the most assbackwards fashion imaginable.

Also green makes me think of the Maryams who are the best Homestucks so. You know. Obviously the best. Though the Maryams would not be Slytherins. Not at all. Porrim would probably be as close as a Maryam got to it because of how driven and passionate she is about her feminism. Or was anyway, I assume. She is pretty stagnant when we see her in the bubbles and I honestly think she's depressed BUT THAT IS FOR ANOTHER THREAD.

• Like x 2
  18. Aondeug

Actually hrmm. If they were going specifically with what she was when she's eleven and Porrim is a driven and angry feminist toddler from hell. Then maybe she might end up there and just be like "why god. kan. you ended up in a house that doesn't sleep in the dungeon. fuck my life."

• Like x 1
  19. Pumpkageist

Bronze is my favourite metallic. I just don't think it goes well with blue. If we're going with feelings and metaphors, the combo just feels flat to me, kind of muddy. It's still better than that soupy Gryffindor red, though. I'm not remotely into fairies, either. They freak me out.

20. Aondeug

I alone will inherit their wisdom. And then be eaten by cranes or something.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice